IGNORED

Lots of new repair panels introduced by KF Vintage JDM

Namerow

Another great new addition from KF is their front lower frame rails. They look to have all of the correct contours including the small offset at the front for radiator clearance. The internal reinforcements look just like OE as well.

image.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

This is great news! Has anyone tried any of their product? If so, please keep us updated with fit, finish and quality. This could be big for Z restos. Their prices are very reasonable too…..if the parts fit!

I made a purchase in Oct. 2020 but the parts are not yet fitted, I'm waiting for my body guy. Finish and quality appears very good. Here is a pic of the parts I got.

20201008_163219.jpg

I also got parts from Zedd Findings and APS in the UK. It looks like they should fit well together with the KF parts, time will tell.

20201008_125934.jpg

20201008_130805.jpg

There stuff is amazing and accurately done. Got a shed full of it.

Almost makes me want to take on one more major rust repair challenge. There is this somewhat rusty 71 in storage that I should....   no, yes, not, yes. ah dang it...

And more exciting, is that they are starting to do 510 stuff as well! Be still my beating heart

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 9:17 AM, Diseazd said:

This is great news! Has anyone tried any of their product? If so, please keep us updated with fit, finish and quality. This could be big for Z restos. Their prices are very reasonable too…..if the parts fit!

I bought 7 pieces from them this past winter for the 510, very good quality and because the parts are coming from Colombia the shipping cost was the same for me in Canada as it is for the US, cheap.

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0810 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0806 (1024x768).jpg

Edited by grannyknot
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, zKars said:

There stuff is amazing and accurately done. Got a shed full of it.

Almost makes me want to take on one more major rust repair challenge. There is this somewhat rusty 71 in storage that I should....   no, yes, not, yes. ah dang it...

And more exciting, is that they are starting to do 510 stuff as well! Be still my beating heart

My thoughts exactly. Putting em together is most of the fun. 5’s enough though, even though I think a Sunshine Yellow Z would be nice!

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

Columbia or Colombia?

Colombia, as in South America.  When I dealt with them in 2019, the sales office was based in Florida (Miami, IIRC), but the parts are stamped in Colombia.  If you do a little snooping on line, you can find some pictures of the factory.  They made their rep supplying the VW microbus community and then decided to branch out into other types of vehicles.  Datsun and Toyota models were chosen to lead the way.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Namerow said:

In your last photo, is the light-green panel (so-called 'K-box') a KF piece or is it something that you made on your own? 

I ordered those (LH & RH) from Auto Panel Solutions in the UK. He makes a wide range of parts including the firewall and rad support areas and much more. Good guy to work with. You can find him on FB.

• Like 1