IGNORED

2+2 gear into 2 seater

drunkenmaster

Looks pretty good (referring to the lack of rust around the flat part of the guards) and if it runs well even better. So got any pics of the whole car? I take it its at your house now? Terrible colour.

The rest of the car is nothing special at all, far from it.

I bought it on the basis that it was cheaper that buying a P90/F54 motor, gearbox, 280zx EFI system, tail lights, odds and ends on their own.

One front guard has a scrape you can make out in the picture.

I just got it home so it is quite dark and corel is working over time making the black pictures visible :stupid:

cool its not to bad

are you sure its a P90 head, if its a P90 head it would for sure have the F54 block, as thats what the P90 head came with,

and if it came with extractors even better bonus

I would've had a look on how they converted from carbed to efi, meaning for the fuel tank, did they make a surge tank and do it the proper way, or just stick a longer hose into the tank and a efi fuel pump which works but is the cheap and sometimes bad for engine way around it.. but either way, you can do a few things when you install...

2+2 rear end is differant , and wider, and basically don't even bother to use anything from the rear except for diff and moustache bar...

putting 240z lights into 260z, isn't totally difficult, problem is the bracket is differant, and will have holes and exhaust fumes will kill you, best way to do it, is to see the rear light brakects on a 240z, and cut the holes out in the 260z bracket, then weld up the other holes that arn't needed, also check for rust down there, Z's are prown to rust down there...

It does not run a surge tank and i will not copy the efi setup used exactly, but it is a much better base to me to build upon than a carbies car. It is a P90 head for sure, I had a P90 in the past which i sold too. Until i take the intake off I dont see how I can cheack the block, it should be a F54 but people like the swap L series motors around dont they :classic:

So your saying the tail lights wont fit? I will make some measurements tonight or tomorrow.

My control arms dont have sway bar mounts either, so I dont see any problem taking them from the 2+2 either?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...