IGNORED

2+2 gear into 2 seater

drunkenmaster

So the interior is mostly different, except with the possibility of the dash?

I assume everything under the hood will be the same, what about suspension, brakes and fuel lines/tank.

Any input would be great, I am having trouble finding a 2seater parts car but there is a sea fo 2+2's

Thanks

Sweet F*&k all, the springs etc are heavier and highher, none of the interior panels fit, basically they are the same from the windscreen forward. All I got from the rest of the car was a single strut tower cap, and some loose change from under the back seat. The brake set ups appear the same, however any lines that run along under the car are going to be that little bit too long.

2+2s are differant from behind the front seats only, thats where they are lengthend, except for differant doors as well,

so all interoir parts in front of the seats fit, except door trims..

all exteroir body parts in front of the windscreen fit 2 seaters as well,

rear suspension is differant..., front suspension is the same, cept for possibly springs, but you don't need to worry bout that..

id buy it for parts if the front body panels are all good, and the engine is good, but matters what it costs in the first place... less than 500 bucks and its worth it.. , but up to you..

Drunkenmaster the 2+2 is not a bad option to get you 90 % up to the mark. Forget the obvious differences, look at the positives every component on the car uses attachment hardware you can use. all the hidden stuff fans, mechanisms heater aircon steering indicator stalk,,, endless list. Sure you will have to source some parts ( very small list). The Best thing ready accessible pre fabricated repair sections and correct grade of metal for sheet inserts and strengthening. EFI is a bonus.

sorry for ranting in the positive.

cheers

Steve:classic:

Drunkenmaster,

if this Z has an injected engine with a p 90 and it runs, grab it. Any block combination with a P90 bolted to it will give you what you want if it runs and sounds strong. Even if it has been sitting and the head has internal corrosion you can still repair it. I have run an L series/ p90 injected for 10 years, believe me, you wont regret the buy.

go for it.

Steve :classic: