IGNORED

Possible Limited Edition Z35

jfa.series1

I had the car at an area car show yesterday and a couple of guys came up and started talking with me. They said they worked locally at a Nissan facility but were actually headquartered out of Franklin. During our discussion of the new Z35 they mentioned that the first 240 cars will have a special limited edition interior treatment. No details available. Grist for the rumor mill!

• Thanks 1

Fun story! Thanks for sharing.

Just imagine the finagling and posturing and likely shenanigans going on to own that Z with the VIN ending in “240”

And dibs on calling those first 240 “Series 1” Z35’s. !!!!! Hahahahaha

Going to get rich selling fake “hatch vent” pairs of stickers to put on the Z35 hatches…. “Limited Edition only 240 signed sets available.  $2400.a set”.

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

I had the car at an area car show yesterday and a couple of guys came up and started talking with me. They said they worked locally at a Nissan facility but were actually headquartered out of Franklin. During our discussion of the new Z35 they mentioned that the first 240 cars will have a special limited edition interior treatment. No details available. Grist for the rumor mill!

They were talking about the "Proto Spec" edition of only 240 cars.  Likely only available only in the lkuzachi yellow of the prototype and with features and interior treatment not available in the sport & performance trims.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zed2 said:

The link almost appears to be a placeholder for details to come, as there is no info and only one pic of the Proto nose. It announces the special edition car as a 2023 model, not the 2022 model we expect to arrive early next year - unless we think Nissan is going to declare all the Z35's as 2023 models. More for the grist mill!

3 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

The link almost appears to be a placeholder for details to come, as there is no info and only one pic of the Proto nose. It announces the special edition car as a 2023 model, not the 2022 model we expect to arrive early next year - unless we think Nissan is going to declare all the Z35's as 2023 models. More for the grist mill!

https://www.forbes.com/wheels/news/nissan-z-2023/

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jfa.series1 said:

There is no Z35. The chassis designation is still Z34. The Nissan Z is slated to be a 2023 model, not 2022. The rules in the US allow Nissan to call it a 2023 model year car. As an example, I purchased a 2012 Ford Mustang in June 2011. 

I don't think there is any grist to mill here. Nissan has already announced that the base model will be the Sport, and the higher level trim is the Performance. And there will be 240 of the Proto Spec in yellow.

If you want something to speculate about, I think we won't see much on any road tests of the new Z until it's close to the launch date, especially if they are making any late tweaks to compete with the Supra.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

With potential buyers being able to put down a refundable deposit Nissan needs to make road test Z's available now. A potential buyer is currently well informed as to what they will get except for knowing how it drives.