IGNORED

Part Identification

jfa.series1

2 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

Here is what I found on a google search, seems to be a newer part number that supersedes the 18415-N3601 in the 1979 parts book

https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Datsun__/Knob-Choke/89430726/18415-N3500.html

Thanks for the link. I got a chuckle from the Nissan text at the bottom - a choke knob for a FI car???: 

Fits 260Z, 280Z

This product fits 5 vehicle variants.
Datsun: 2 models, 5 variants between 1974 and 1978.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Thanks for the link. I got a chuckle from the Nissan text at the bottom - a choke knob for a FI car???: 

Fits 260Z, 280Z

They are right. European mainland countries including Germany, France, NL, Belgium and Portugal, then UK, Australia, NZ and others still had carburettors on their S30-series Z models through 1978. They had choke knobs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

Fits 260Z, 280Z

I had a laugh at that as well, was wondering if someone would mention it. You get the prize, Jim. LOL

1 minute ago, HS30-H said:

They are right. European mainland countries including Germany, France, NL, Belgium and Portugal, then UK, Australia, NZ and others still had carburettors on their S30-series Z models through 1978. They had choke knobs.

Looks like I laughed to soon. Thanks for correcting us.

47 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

Thanks for the information. It looks like I need to market this little gem in Europe and down under. 😉

14 hours ago, CanTechZ said:

Looks like I laughed to soon. Thanks for correcting us.

NO.. you didn't.. The missing data here is: we (europe) had the 260z till the new 280zx came in 1979, we had the 260z overhere.. (So buildyears are from 1974 till 1978 !!!) never seen the 280z!  (That had injection, thus no shoke knob needed)  All 280z's in europe are gray imports they were never imported official in those years.

• Like 1