IGNORED

Having a bit of fun comparing muffler sounds on Zstory Race/Sport system with centre resonator

AK260

great video ak260!!! love the test sounds. thanks for all your work , I have been looking at there mufflers sometime now and your video gave me what I was looking for . 1 question are you straight piped or are you using a resonator ?

• Like 1

• AK260 changed the title to Having a bit of fun comparing muffler sounds on Zstory Race/Sport system with centre resonator

23 hours ago, kully 560 said:

great video ak260!!! love the test sounds. thanks for all your work , I have been looking at there mufflers sometime now and your video gave me what I was looking for . 1 question are you straight piped or are you using a resonator ?

Thanks Kully! You're most welcome, glad my clowning about has some value - although I did have a lotta fun! 😉

Not a straight pipe - I did indeed have the centre resonator that comes with the Race / Sport system. 

Edited by AK260

Ps. Just uploaded the Street Muffler - the last one of the series. Please forgive the shaky video halfway through. The camera mount broke off, but at least the sound is all there! [emoji20]

Edited by AK260
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

that just through a wrench in my thoughts haha

Sorry about that ! :p

Just think of the Street as a Classic with the volume turned down and virtually invisible on the cruise / part throttle.

I forgot to mention, my car does have a healthy covering of Silent Coat 4mm MLV sound deadening. So it’s probably quieter than most. But equally, the very low bass frequencies will still get through MLV. Especially those on that 2k-2.5k rev range.

8 hours ago, AK260 said:

Ps. Just uploaded the Street Muffler - the last one of the series. Please forgive the shaky video halfway through, the camera mount broke off, but at least the sound is all there! 😞

This is the most entertaining video yet, a lot of fun. 
As for the muffler, it has a classic L series six cylinder sound. I like the bbbrrrrrraaapppp! as the throttle is mashed and the engine winds up. 
Beautiful Datsun music.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Racer X said:
This is the most entertaining video yet, a lot of fun. 

Glad to be of service sir! 😉

Wait until the next one, I have some ideas that will either make me look like a complete c@ck or be funny!

Beautiful Datsun music.

Amen! So true!! [emoji106][emoji106]

Edited by AK260
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
This is my Full-Race (same form as the Race-Sport but larger primarys), line and Classic muffler.

So, in early July and under this summers' typical weather so far, our national French Z club assisted with Peter Autos' Historic-Racing Le Mans Bugatti and were allowed several track sessions each day.....who could resist ?
Please bear in mind that I haven't driven my Z on a circuit since 2009...and that the engine is still limited to 4500rpm and so lacking a LOT of horsepower and this wet session was undertaken on Toyo R888 semi-slicks !

Enjoy and have a good laugh on me at the end.

Apparently there are more videos to come earlier in the weekend.

ps the real action starts at 4mins at the beginning of the pit straight - the first out lap was (always in every session) driven behind the safety car :

Many thanks #DavidDonné for the filming and editing.

001 (4).JPG

007.JPG

019 (3).JPG

032.JPG

073.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@AK260 Amazing work! Solved a problem I have been facing for a while with understanding Sean's offering and the different options. Thanks much!

If you still have the mufflers and can get an exterior mount, it would be cool to hear what all three of these sound like from outside of the car too while driving. 

• Like 1

[mention=32052]AK260[/mention] Amazing work! Solved a problem I have been facing for a while with understanding Sean's offering and the different options. Thanks much!
If you still have the mufflers and can get an exterior mount, it would be cool to hear what all three of these sound like from outside of the car too while driving. 

Thanks Muzez, glad my clowning about had some value.

I don’t think I will be doing the one from the outside anytime soon as I am using an iPhone and the thought of hanging £1000 of phone off the rear while tearing about doesn’t excite me :p

But I will look into a second hand GoPro if I do something like this again. [emoji106]
  • Like 3