IGNORED

Oil pan removal question (oil pickup?)

Grannyknot,

In '86, the second owner installed the pan as part of a spare-no-expense overhaul. Since then, many of the parts were removed due to various reasons. The triple Webers, Recaro seats with 6 point harness, red high-pile carpeting 🙂, racing cam, and now the 5-speed are gone. The PO did invest in a new 280z engine (bored 20 over, new pistons, polished, balanced) and I'm almost positive it is still in there. Most of what was originally done is listed in a dot-matrix printed summary 2 1/2 pages long dated 1987 at 51,000 miles. The third owner hardly drove it and when I got it with 74,000 miles, the Centerforce clutch and flywheel were already shot. 

I don't know if I can bring it back to its glory days, but I'm going to make an effort at it.

Jeff

14 minutes ago, cgsheen1 said:

So the second owner was racing / autocrossing the hell out of it...

From his documentation, it looks like PO2 took really good care of it. PO3 bought it for his son 😏, enough said.

On a side note, my neighbor across the street recently purchased his college-age son a 26-yr old 300Z twin turbo. At least it's an automatic so he can't do too much damage to it.

Edited by Jeff Berk