IGNORED

76 280Z 2+2 parting ways

bhermes

It is a sad day in my life.  I have decided it is time to part with my 1976 280Z 2+2.  Also losing my 2008 LR3 due to jumping timing unless I can find someone to fix reasonably.

I am having a real difficult time determining a value/price for my 280.  I know that this is almost impossible to determine based on actual condition of the vehicle.  Just looking for some decent advice.

Car details

-  80,000 miles

-  Mechanically good

-  Average paint job no where near show quality 7/10

-  Interior probably a 7/10.  Seats are really good but the carpet needs to probably be replace

-  Persimmon red exterior and black interior

-  Small amounts of rust but I would say really good comparably

-  Mostly stock with front spoiler

-  Driven 1-2 times per month over the past couple years

-  I would say that the gas tank probably needs to be replaced, before I purchased car sat for 15 years, rust in tank

-  Brakes good

-  No body damage

-  Trim seals need to probably be replaced

I will send out some pictures if anyone is interested, not necessarily in buying , but to help ball park me a price.

Again I know that it is impossible to say without seeing.

Thanks

On the plus side, it's one of the desirable colors, low milage if actual.

The minuses are ... it's a 2+2 which will limit potential buyers, the fiberglass body kit may not appeal to all buyers.

I'll guess at anywhere between 8 - 16k.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bhermes said:

Anyone have an idea on the best way to sale these cars?  I can go a year here in Louisville, KY without seeing a 70's model z.

I assume there will be enough interest in the area but not sure.

Thanks

You might also try listing it on Craigslist in a nearby large city like Cincinnati or Indianapolis.  Neither of those cities currently have any Datsuns listed.  There's got to be someone looking for a 280Z 2+2.

Also consider FaceBook Market Place.  More than a few Z's there.  I haven't sold a car there but I've had good experiences (relatively) selling other items on that platform with the Instant Message way of communicating.  

On 4/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, bhermes said:

Anyone have an idea on the best way to sale these cars?  I can go a year here in Louisville, KY without seeing a 70's model z.

I assume there will be enough interest in the area but not sure.

Thanks

Send me a PM with your email address. Someone pinged the GZC group today looking for a 2+2.

OK, as everything goes I am having trouble getting the 280 started after sitting for 6 months or so.

I am getting 1.3V at the fuel pump.  When I forced 12 volts to it I did get fuel flow.

I thought I would send over some photos for review.  I am going to replace ground strap/wire to body and clean up the other wire coming off the negative battery terminal today.  I am focused on the two other connectors to the battery.  If you notice in the photo, one of them is going to nothing and the other to the positive terminal with one leg broke out.  The wiring diagram shows one male and one female; however, both of mine are the same.  Thoughts?  Not great on electrical things.

IMG_4946.PNG

IMG_4950.JPG

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_4947.JPG

IMG_4948.JPG