IGNORED

Barefootdan's 280z Build

Barefootdan

Whew time flies! I’ve been on strict orders not to work on the rotsun…I mean Datsun this past month 😆 since I got married on the 23rd. But! We are free again and able to spend my weekends in the garage again. Today I was working on brakes. It’s the last thing I need to get her “running” around the block and I’ll be damned to get one ride before I start the interior. Front brakes bled well but the rear was not flowing any fluid. I back tracked the lines and found the clog in the one coming off the master. Blew that bitch out with my pressure washer and let it dry before bleeding the rear. Of course both lines leaked ( at the flexible connection) so new line are ordered. I also order two new calipers and lines for the front because safety. 

Sorry for the sparse updates but we are back on track! The engine started first crank today after nearly a month of sitting. So excited. 

• Like 2

I realized I never posted my exhaust photo! Its too good looking for the rest of the car! I will dial in the fitment once I take it to the shop for a proper flange to be installed. Currently it sticks out a couple inches too far for my liking. But I can start the car in the garage without my ears bleeding so its a win 🙂 

IMG-3604.jpg

I finally moved my attention to the brakes as its the last thing needed for a test drive. I finally got the front bleed screw unclogged but it was sticking. So rather than spend time and money on a rebuild build...a remanufactured unit is only $37! Got one for each side with new pads. New rotors are in the mail so dont mind those rusty discs too much. You might also notice the soft lines are disconnected. After replacing the calipers, I thought its better to be safe than sorry, especially for brakes! So those are on order too. 

IMG-3603.jpg

Once brakes are done I will be ready for the maiden voyage! Maybe just to the neighborhood park and back for now 😉 I want the satisfaction of driving her before tearing into the interior and wiring harness. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I don't need a woman. I won't take me no wife.
I got the rock and roll and that'll be my life.
No page in history, baby. That I don't need.
I just wanna make some eardrums bleed!

I'm embarrassed to say I had to look it up. I should have known!

"Why waste good music on a brain?"

Excellent!! I love the video. And the editing. I know you probably didn't intend it to come off this way, but I see:

"Happy guy pulls his Z out of the garage all nice and gentle like. Drives like Grandma down to the end of his street. 
Once out of sight of his house (and the camera), he gives the car a proper high RPM thrashing!
After enjoying the crap out of himself, he pulls back down his street slowly and carefully just like Grandma, thinking nobody's the wiser."

That's what I get.    ROFL

LOL!! I also love the giggling at the beginning. Whoever was taking that part of the video knew you were having a great time and was very happy for you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Maybe you should turn up your references to 11, when you need that little...you know.

Remind me next time we're together. I had an honest to goodnes real live "this one goes to 11" moment at a Zcon. I think it was Atlanta at the people's choice show. Remind me and I'll tell you about it.  LOL 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Obvious said:

Excellent!! I love the video. And the editing. I know you probably didn't intend it to come off this way, but I see:

"Happy guy pulls his Z out of the garage all nice and gentle like. Drives like Grandma down to the end of his street. 
Once out of sight of his house (and the camera), he gives the car a proper high RPM thrashing!
After enjoying the crap out of himself, he pulls back down his street slowly and carefully just like Grandma, thinking nobody's the wiser."

That's what I get.    ROFL

LOL!! I also love the giggling at the beginning. Whoever was taking that part of the video knew you were having a great time and was very happy for you!

Hahaha you nailed it!!! Got back and showed her my video and she asks “How fast did you go?! Sounded like you’re speeding!!” Luckily the Speedo was not plugged in so I said “not sure 😉

• Haha 1