IGNORED

Rear Drum Brakes Backing Plate

ernesto

Did you pry the grease seal out first?  If not, the bearing will not come out. My seals were very difficult to get out. If you did already extract the seals, make sure your drift is on the race and not the stop which is part of the hub. 

15 hours ago, Jeff G 78 said:

Did you pry the grease seal out first?  If not, the bearing will not come out. My seals were very difficult to get out. If you did already extract the seals, make sure your drift is on the race and not the stop which is part of the hub. 

I did not remove the grease seal yet. Was hoping they would come out together, but as I thought about it the last couple of days, was wondering if maybe that wasn't the hold up. Will get the seal out of there and see what happens. As for drift placement, yes, I was very careful to place it on the race and not the stop. Was actually keeping it in one of the two notches as shown in the manual.

Thanks Jeff!

• Like 2