IGNORED

Tuning With An Air/Fuel Gauge

chaseincats

Here's an interesting observation.  Every so often (a handful of times since finishing this project) I've noticed the car running more lean than usual (in the 16s instead of 14s).  Any idea why that would be?  All the contacts are clean and literally the only thing I do to fix this is shut the car off and just restart it - then the computer behaves properly.

This has literally happened maybe 2-3 times since I was able to read the engine's a/f ratio with the gauge and is a non-issue since a restart fixes it but I am curious.

Reminds me of "The IT Crowd"'s famous line, "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Edited by chaseincats

3 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Hmmm. Interesting. And no idea why that would happen.

So have you driven the car with this "lean boot" condition? Does it stay lean the entire time? Or did you shut it off and restart as soon as you saw the issue?

Lean boot is a fantastic way of describing this.  Yeah it literally will run lean for the duration of that boot.  I ran it like that for my entire trip then when I got in the garage I shut it off and immediately turned it back on and it dropped back down into the 14s.

Crap. That's the wrong answer.  Haha!!

I was kinda hoping you re-booted it right away and it went back to normal. I think that would be easier to figure out. (Not easy, but easier? Maybe?)

So I got nothing right now... I'll think about it and see what I can come up with? Or maybe someone will chime in with some uber-smart theories? 

Not temp related... Not vibration related... Not system voltage related......... I wonder if my thinking cap will fit under my aluminum foil deflector beanie.

• Haha 2