IGNORED

Local engine builder

z8987

I found a capable local guy that should have no problem rebuilding my 70 series one engine.  Is there anything I can provide him that will assist in his success.  He said he has no problem getting parts, and building the engine, but I'd appriciate any information that might be useful.  I've already got a document that has links to everything Z related. I probably got that here. 

47 minutes ago, z8987 said:

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously though. I just thought of a headache he may run into. The 240 engine bay motor mounts are a little different than the 280's. The locating pin is diffetent. Check yours if you've bought them already, if not read around and get the good ones. I'll try and find that discussion.

@EuroDat has the Nissan p/n on his reply, post #21.

Whoa! $107 each. That pallet of money just got smaller. LOL

Edited by siteunseen

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

Seriously though. I just thought of a headache he may run into. The 240 engine bay motor mounts are a little different than the 280's. The locating pin is diffetent. Check yours if you've bought them already, if not read around and get the good ones. I'll try and find that discussion.

@EuroDat has the Nissan p/n on his reply, post #21.

Whoa! $107 each. That pallet of money just got smaller. LOL

$67 here:  https://zcardepot.com/products/engine-motor-mount-oem-240z-260z-280z-280zx?_pos=5&_sid=d972a746c&_ss=r

7 minutes ago, texasz said:

Hopefully those will work but for me the research i did showed that anything that was not specific to 240Zs were considered universal fit. Those do not work without some grinding, modifying of the pins. The ones you show are for 1970 to 1983.

25 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Hopefully those will work but for me the research i did showed that anything that was not specific to 240Zs were considered universal fit. Those do not work without some grinding, modifying of the pins. The ones you show are for 1970 to 1983.

Hmmm...I'm not sure.  These are OEM though, in the first picture you can just see the corner of the Nissan logo on the sticker (red arrow) and the second picture I just took of one of the ones I received from them a couple months ago.

image.png

image.png

32 minutes ago, texasz said:

Hmmm...I'm not sure.  These are OEM though, in the first picture you can just see the corner of the Nissan logo on the sticker (red arrow) and the second picture I just took of one of the ones I received from them a couple months ago.

image.png

image.png

Here is some info about interchangeability of part number 11220-N3300 from the Nissan parts book:

Capture 4.JPG

The "N" in the ICA columns means not interchangeable. Here is an explanation of the columns from the Datsun 521 pickup parts book.

Capture 3.JPG

• Like 1

I'll be pulling the engine, so I guess this will be my problem to deal with? 

Sounds to me like the best option is to buy OEM, which will eliminate all issues, and I won't have to modify anything?  Correct ?