IGNORED

correct fuel pressure?

kully 560

hey siteunseen , I wish I could store there, but before I bought the 260z in 1979 the original owner cut 6x9 speakers in the riser panel and used the storage bins for access. I could also mount it on the rear floor between the 2 storage bins and use the riser as a place to clamp it . [the riser sticks up about 1" above the rear floor and maybe use a velcro strap]

My fuel pressure was close to 5psi at the 4-screw SU's. My mechanic told me to just adjust the pressure regulator screw. I have an aftermarket regulator so I don't know if the original one also works that way.

This was a good idea for how to mount an extinguisher. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bracketeer-Extinguisher-Bracket-Universal-Vehicles/dp/B015G3QXMY

I ended up just making my own based on this design for the passenger seat. I've had a couple of wire melt downs when I first purchased the 260z. 

Sorry about the mess, my Z is a work in progress.

PXL_20210125_000519779.jpg

PXL_20210125_000507734.jpg

Edited by Jeff Berk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, kully 560 said:

hey siteunseen , I wish I could store there, but before I bought the 260z in 1979 the original owner cut 6x9 speakers in the riser panel and used the storage bins for access. I could also mount it on the rear floor between the 2 storage bins and use the riser as a place to clamp it . [the riser sticks up about 1" above the rear floor and maybe use a velcro strap]

I was about to mount mine in front of the passenger's seat after reading a lot of folks doing that but I found a good one that fit in the storage bin so that's where it lives. 

I'm sure you'll figure out something, they are a MUST have with carbs.

that one is pretty small that lowes sells ,so that will be this weeks little project. I am still leaning on the rear floor in front of the shock towers right between the seats for placement. I would think that in case of a fire quick access is best.

I was able to lower the fuel pressure at the carbs from 3.6 psi to 3.2 yesterday by sticking a small awl in the return line hole and just reamed it a little bit .now I am much happier now that I do not have to worry about fuel over flow or ruining the needle and seats. I read that 3.5 psi was at the top limit so this is much better . so now off to lowes for the fire extinguisher . another little project to keep busy with winter and covid .

Edited by kully 560
  • Like 2