correct fuel pressure? - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

correct fuel pressure?

Featured Replies

I installed the new 240 fuel rail this week . now  at the start of the fuel rail my fuel pressure is 3.9 psi . so I checked at the rear carb and the fuel pressure is 3.6 psi .  is the fuel pressure to high for the 4 bold carbs? thanks

The float valves should be able to handle 3.6 psi. If they can't, there may be a problem with the needle or seat in the valves.

  • Author

I had a feeling mark you would chime in !!  I read some were that su carbs like 2-2.5 at the float bowl but I do not remember where I saw it years ago. am I at the upper limit do you think?

 Every carb I've ever dealt with could take 3.5 psi.  I'd let it idle for a while and check for signs of flooding before taking it on the road and check things under the hood a few times on the first trip. Always a good idea to pack a fire extinguisher too.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
13 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

+1 on a $20 fire extinguisher. Mine fits inside the tool bin behind the passenger's seat. 

yes a $ 20.00 fire extinguisher is something I should be carrying anyway . this car is like my left nut, I bought in 1979 and do not want to loose it now!!

Just imagine standing on the side of the road and watching all your work burn up. It's sickening.

I bought the rechargeable metal one from Lowes.

  • Author

you are right ! I will check lowes this week and pick one up . rechargeable never seen one , thanks siteunseen will look this week .

18 hours ago, kully 560 said:

like my left nut, I bought in 1979 and do not want to loose it now!!

😁 This is how things are taken out of context. 😁

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.