IGNORED

Another ebay car....

JSM

15 minutes ago, JSM said:

Really depends on rust and originality. 

I'm curios how this one does. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164641753361

I have an option of buying a series one in the 900's VIN. Its mostly there, but the body will need some finessing. All of the regular areas of bad rust seem to be clean, just some panel work, etc. Rails and floors are actually solid.

On 1/14/2021 at 2:54 PM, SteveJ said:

It looks like it might have had floor repairs, but what caught my eye was "unrestored" in the description of the car. You can clearly see overspray and paint flaking around the door jamb tag. Given what we have seen from "Beverly Hills" lately, I hope people look for another car.

I was looking over the ebay ad last night and noticed the "unrestored" description, so I thought I would feel the guy out, I asked him how he could call the car unrestored with the floor pans replaced, a second paint job, new seat covers and a dash cap.  I also asked wasn't he afraid of litigation from an unsuspecting buyer, Here is his reply,

Lol... ok I’ve only sold 100 of these cars on eBay to happy buyers all over
the world with 100% feedback... but you could be right... or ... regular
maintenance and upkeep on a 50 year old car which is fully described is
normal and NOT what real collectors think is restoration... but yea thanks
for the advice... litigation 🤦🏻‍♂️😂 ...

-harmony01

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...