Shifter Lever Bushing P/N ?? - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Shifter Lever Bushing P/N ??

Featured Replies

Trying to locate the Nissan p/n for this shifter bushing. E83F6A8D-B804-4E23-B6ED-7EF21DB58EF1.jpegAll I can find is the older style bushings for 70-78 transmissions. I have a FS5W71B close ratio from a ZX. Courtesy gave me a couple of p/n’s but we’re the older type bushings. I’ve got another order going to them and want to add the bushings. Appreciate the help!

I used the older style rod on my ZX transmission. The longer one that bends back more toward the seat. That short straight up one was too much knuckles into my radio. From what I read the one like in your picture with the spring is for popping to the middle on it's own when out of gear. FWIW only, if you like it that's all that matters. B) 

 

  • Author

Hmmm, saw a post on AtlanticZ talking about that. Now where to find an older shift rod......

56 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

From what I read the one like in your picture with the spring is for popping to the middle on it's own when out of gear. FWIW only, if you like it that's all that matters. B) 

Hi Siteunseen,

I have read that information as well, but it is not the reason for the design change/improvement.

I have alsl read the the control lever bush Pos#25 moves through an arc when you go from 1st, 3rd or 5th back to 2nd, 4th or reverse. That means the bush would normally lift up out of the striking rod Pos#6. You would expect the spring to be on the bottom side to prevent this.

Another thing I heard was to reduce vibrations transfering to your hand when changing gear. The theory is you press it in slightly and the lever floats on the spring. It's a theory. Creature comfort in the 280ZX.

 

 

4speed and 5speed zx 2+2.PNG

Screenshot_20201216-184221.jpg

Edited by EuroDat
Correcting multi tasking errors.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Chas you are the man, the transmission man, bumper conversion man plus whatever else you do. I bow to you Sir! 

Isn't this you??? :love:

image%20(4).png

2 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Chas you are the man, the transmission man, bumper conversion man plus whatever else you do. I bow to you Sir! 

Isn't this you??? :love:

image%20(4).png

Not me, but it looks a lot like Norm the guy I did my apprenticeship. He ran a transmission repair shop in the eighties. Mostly doing Borg warner 35 Auto transmissions, but we also had quite a few datsun transmissions, mostly from the 720 trucks from the coal mines.

I'm glad you could follow that second last post. I was busy with another problem and lost track of what I was writing about.

Is this what you are looking for

3CEB93D5-D034-455B-B5DD-9074DE43D15C.jpeg

4AA6A846-6A03-49B0-A9D3-FDB4ED6BFBE4.jpeg

Edited by 7tooZ
Added photo

  • Author

Perfect, I’ve searched everywhere I know of with no luck. Is there a Carpartsmanul for ZX’s out there somewhere? Thanks for the information!

9 hours ago, EuroDat said:

I heard was to reduce vibrations transfering to your hand when changing gear. The theory is you press it in slightly and the lever floats on the spring. It's a theory. Creature comfort in the 280ZX.

Wow. That's a lot of complexity for NVH. Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with something more complicated than that? Reverse interlock or something?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.