IGNORED

Depressing Early 260z bumper struts

heyitsrama

It looks like there is a small dimple that needs to be pulled out of the bumper.... does the chrome finish not like betting beat on with a hammer? Maybe can push it from the backside?

The mount points seem to be way off  ~7in to where the actual supports are. 648B197E-DD5A-4885-99F6-A7508385E760.jpeg 

the strut faces are visible from the bottom, if you are laying down in the street looking at the car 😂

B43266BA-50BC-4615-8922-D48499502567.jpegC7F89150-2B50-42D1-8E1E-BBAF39412DA3.jpeg

You're correct, chrome doesn't like to be hit - not with a metal hammer. That indent would need to be pushed (pressed - from the backside). Someone skilled might hammer that out but not the way you'd think. I'd advise against trying it yourself (if you need to ask the question, you probably can't complete the task...) Most formed metal likes to go back to it's formed shape unless it's stretched too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heyitsrama said:

@Freez74 is that Allen bolt on the top of the bumper through a hole that you added to the bumper? 

Yes, I drilled a hole in the top of the bumper and attached it to the tie-down with a spacer.  I thought it was the simplest way to mount the bumper.  The ends are secured to one of the threaded holes in the body.