IGNORED

Subfloor mounting method?

chaseincats

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I can add to your Hoover file. I remember the thread from @grantf in 2011. Here's his pictures that might help the OP. There's actually 3 hinges but a long piano hinge would also work. Any how here they are.

IMG-20111019-00036.jpg

IMG-20111019-00037.jpg

IMG-20111019-00038.jpg

These are awesome shots, this will be a massive help.  Could you take a couple pics of how the front board is bolted down and what is screwed into the middle brackets?

14 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

The two wood pieces do not connect together directly. They have the hinge between them. That's because the front piece is hard screwed down. but you still need to lift the rear section to get to the spare.

You could probably get a piece of piano hinge cheap at one of the big box stores if you don't have the original piece. And that jars some fading brain cells too... There is a third style hardware used to hold the hinge to the metal reinforcing strips on the wood pieces. It's smaller than M6. Whatever the very commonly used size below that. M5x0.75 maybe? Same screw size they use to hold the center console in place, etc.

I always thought the front piece (the one nearer to the driver) opened as well in order to grant access to the two small storage bins where the toolkits were in the 240.  Am I mis-remembering?

NippI'ma do a photo dump for now starting from the rear. This car is in a cocoon and of course the battery was dead so I had to get down in there. LOL

I can answer questions when this K4 kicks in.

The 3 hinges are riveted on the foward peice and phillips head screws on the rear section. Those tool bins are not accessible on my raised deck 280 like my 240. You can see them under the board but I had to unscrew the cargo straps to lift the board to photograph them. There's a long piece of chrome trim that holds the carpet down above those bins. 

20201122_152058.jpg20201122_152109.jpg20201122_152119.jpg20201122_152146.jpg20201122_152200.jpg20201122_152200.jpg20201122_152244.jpg

20201122_152253.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So it looks like I'm missing the metal piece that lines the aft piece of wood in which the hinge attaches itself (and of course the hinges too haha).  How does that chrome piece that sits on top of the carpet mount?  I'm guessing it has screws that go through the carpet but what does it fasten to?

Thanks for covering for me Site. Looks like I've forgotten most of the details! 

There were big Phillips screws involved though. I got that part right. And the small ones holding the hinges in place (on one side).  LOL

Chase, you're in better hands than mine now. Hope you get all the info you're missing.

• Haha 1