IGNORED

Subfloor mounting method?

chaseincats

There are flimsy metal brackets that are supposed to hold the raised floor "wood" up off the metal below. Not sure you'll be able to figure out what's going on here, but this is a pic in which you can see the metal brackets:
P1090352.JPG

Here's a decent pic of the front most bracket. Ignore the cargo lid. That was the project where I added the cargo hatch lids to my car:
P1090362.JPG

Here's a relatively decent shot of one of the rearmost supports:
P1090356.JPG

Hope that helps? You got any of those brackety things in your unknown parts pile?

Oh, and you're also missing the two narrower "wood" pieces that fit into the side recessed areas way in the back. And lastly, someone modified your front most piece. Added the speaker holes and it looks like they took some material off the rear edge.

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

There are flimsy metal brackets that are supposed to hold the raised floor "wood" up off the metal below. Not sure you'll be able to figure out what's going on here, but this is a pic in which you can see the metal brackets:
P1090352.JPG

Here's a decent pic of the front most bracket. Ignore the cargo lid. That was the project where I added the cargo hatch lids to my car:
P1090362.JPG

Here's a relatively decent shot of one of the rearmost supports:
P1090356.JPG

Hope that helps? You got any of those brackety things in your unknown parts pile?

Oh, and you're also missing the two narrower "wood" pieces that fit into the side recessed areas way in the back. And lastly, someone modified your front most piece. Added the speaker holes and it looks like they took some material off the rear edge.

Awesome, thanks for this!  Is there any special hardware I use to mount the floor?  I seem to remember they have some sort of hinge so they can be raised and lowered instead of being screwed into the car, am I wrong?  I do have the side wooden pieces, but didn't add them to the original picture.   Here is what my hatch area looks like:

unnamed.jpg

So it looks like I have the brackets but am missing the mounting hardware?

Oh cool. You're much better off than I thought you were and you have all the flimsy brackets. So for the mounting hardware, it's pretty generic. Going from memory here since I don't have my subfloor installed like that anymore... There are two types of hardware used:

If there is a threaded insert welded to the bracket, they used the ubiquitous silver M6x1.0 hex head bolt with the Phillips indent in the center. In locations where there is NOT a threaded insert, they used a large Phillips head sheet metal screw threaded straight into the bracket sheet metal. Sorry, but I don't remember how many of each.

And yes, there should be a long piano hinge between the two largest pieces. The front portion (right behind the seats) is firmly fastened to the brackets, but the rear portion (over the spare tire) can be lifted up to allow access to the spare. The hinge is the joint between the two. Is your hinge completely missing? I bet it has something to do with the modification that your PO did to the "wood" piece right behind the seats. I don't think I have any pics of what that is supposed to look like, but I think your PO took some material off.

Ah gotcha, so there are long black hinges that attach to the ends of each piece of wood and are screwed into the bracket?  It seems that the two wooden pieces don't connect to each other then?  Any idea where I could get that hardware?  I've looked everywhere...

9 hours ago, chaseincats said:

Ah gotcha, so there are long black hinges that attach to the ends of each piece of wood and are screwed into the bracket?  It seems that the two wooden pieces don't connect to each other then?  Any idea where I could get that hardware?  I've looked everywhere...

The two wood pieces do not connect together directly. They have the hinge between them. That's because the front piece is hard screwed down. but you still need to lift the rear section to get to the spare.

You could probably get a piece of piano hinge cheap at one of the big box stores if you don't have the original piece. And that jars some fading brain cells too... There is a third style hardware used to hold the hinge to the metal reinforcing strips on the wood pieces. It's smaller than M6. Whatever the very commonly used size below that. M5x0.75 maybe? Same screw size they use to hold the center console in place, etc.

12 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Haha! Is that one yours? 

I'm not nearly Hoover status, but I nab good looking pics now and then just because I think they might be useful in the future.

I can add to your Hoover file. I remember the thread from @grantf in 2011. Here's his pictures that might help the OP. There's actually 3 hinges but a long piano hinge would also work. Any how here they are.

IMG-20111019-00036.jpg

IMG-20111019-00037.jpg

IMG-20111019-00038.jpg

• Thanks 1