IGNORED

Restoration of HLS30-12070

CW240Z72

• 2 weeks later...

I’m the original owner of 12023, which undoubtedly came over with your car on the same boat, which I bought on December 7, 1970 (!) at Wally Tucker Datsun in Bakersfield, CA.  After letting it sit for 20+ years I’m finally getting around to restoring it. A couple of questions: Where do you source the braided hoses and OEM hose clamps? And, let me know when you want to sell this. Beautiful build!

1 hour ago, HartfordZ said:

I’m the original owner of 12023, which undoubtedly came over with your car on the same boat, which I bought on December 7, 1970 (!) at Wally Tucker Datsun in Bakersfield, CA.  After letting it sit for 20+ years I’m finally getting around to restoring it. A couple of questions: Where do you source the braided hoses and OEM hose clamps? And, let me know when you want to sell this. Beautiful build!

Now that’s pretty cool, bought within a few weeks of this Z in 1970.

Braided formed hoses came from various suppliers, MSA, ZCarDepot, and JDM Car Parts. For cut to length hoses “JBugs” sells them by the foot at reasonable pricing. 

As far as hose clamps I got lucky, I only needed to source 4-5 of them that were not on the car when I bought it. The ones I did need came from my personal stash/eBay. 

Shoot me a PM if you’re interested in the Z. I am down to a few days of work left on it before it’s “done” and ready for some shake down miles. Can’t wait. 

On 11/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, CW240Z72 said:

Got the Z back from the exhaust shop last week. Guys did a great job on the system, very happy with the final results. 

Am.. i.. gonna say... something about it...

I don't think they did a good job.. the damper is to long and had to be installed on a angle and... and.. now it hits the bottom of the car..  (at least it looks like it's on a angle?)

Does the exhaust not make a clunking noise against the reserve wheel thingy... whatever it's called.. ?  🙄

Your car has become a beautyful car and now there is a crummy exhaust under there..(sorry again but i took a day and ask myself if i had to say this and yes......   i sayd it.. 🙊)

• Haha 1