Jump to content

IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection


Zed Head

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Nice rims for the z! (Advert saying 240sx !!  🙈   so he/she must be very knowledgeable about these cars..)

Mart, the thing about FB is most people don't know that to put some car make and models in the ad, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and select "other' it will then let you type in what you really have. Most just pick from the list and try to get close. 240SX comes up a lot for the Z's. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice video.  Picked up a couple of tips for my projects.  He did some things that I wouldn't have done and didn't do some things I would have, but all-in-all, a very nice build.  I am disappointed that it didn't cover any of the suspension, brakes, gas tank, exhaust.  I do wonder what he thinks the car is worth.  It's a very pretty car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Very nice video.  Picked up a couple of tips for my projects.  He did some things that I wouldn't have done and didn't do some things I would have, but all-in-all, a very nice build.  I am disappointed that it didn't cover any of the suspension, brakes, gas tank, exhaust.  I do wonder what he thinks the car is worth.  It's a very pretty car.

Not to thread jack but for more details on this Z head here 

I took a lot out of the video. I figured at 30 minutes most would lose interest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CW240Z72 said:

Maybe not with a better attitude 😀

Attitude aside, seems like the real nice one's are not selling for their perceived worth.  If it does sell, I will  publicly eat crow!  

 

Edit:  Oh sheet, I just noticed it is yours!  I'm praying for ya buddy. Hope i eat crow!

Edited by Johnz1971
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Johnz1971 said:

Attitude aside, seems like the real nice one's are not selling for their perceived worth.  If it does sell, I will  publicly eat crow!  

 

Edit:  Oh sheet, I just noticed it is yours!  I'm praying for ya buddy. Hope i eat crow!

Ha! Thanks. Who knows what the market will do over the next few months. I am trying to have reasonable expectations for the sale, all things considered in the world. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Johnz1971 said:

Dude, i'm in my shop right now working on mine (#17770), thinking about listing on BaT too. Maybe next year or two.  I see your car as a 100k + car.  I hope it does goes there. I do hope the buyers are looking.  GL.

Not too far from this one (12070). Best of luck to you, hopefully by then with a stronger market to support your sale. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With all due respect Patcon, and I mean that, this truck is indeed worth that and possibly more.  It is extremely cherry in all respects. Just look at a few of the details.

1 - Original hose clamps

2 - All hold down hooks accounted for

3 - Washer bottle and overflow bottle largely mint

4 - No radio!!

5 - Seats all but perfect

6 - Bed is very clean

Yes, at BAT this truck would fetch big money if viewed by the right crowd.

Yes, I'd be very happy owning such a machine 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"The chance to own a one-owner car with its original paint and such low mileage has clearly been enough to coax at least five bidders to offer more than the #4 value." 

Highly doubt both of those are true. Hints of overspray in the photos, and for it to only have 44K on the clock, you'd think a majority of the worm screw hose clamps, incorrect oil pressure sensor, universal radiator hose, and the general poor condition of the car, would not be there or replacements for the factory equipment.

144K and a cheap respray seem more likely. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CW240Z72 said:

"The chance to own a one-owner car with its original paint and such low mileage has clearly been enough to coax at least five bidders to offer more than the #4 value." 

Highly doubt both of those are true. Hints of overspray in the photos, and for it to only have 44K on the clock, you'd think a majority of the worm screw hose clamps, incorrect oil pressure sensor, universal radiator hose, and the general poor condition of the car, would not be there or replacements for the factory equipment.

144K and a cheap respray seem more likely. 

I agree on the overspray on the data plate. However, they have lots of documentation. The mileage might be able to be established that way.

The master and radiator hose, may be recent additions to get it running

Unfortunately,  it has a sunroof.

It does have a hand throttle.  If it's original,  it would be pretty rare. Dash may be uncracked. Left fender is pretty wavy. Still $21k is pretty healthy for a car like that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.