IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I've driven the autos back then and they suck. I honestly don't remember a good downshift/passing gear. They just puttered along. 3 speed IIRC? But that's 55mph speed limit.

Like many things on Japanese cars, it is a copy of another manufacturers part. A Ford transmission I believe, but I don't recall which model. Like anything the Japanese copied, they improved it some. They really are good transmissions, I just don't care for slushboxes in sports or performance cars.

Or any cars.

Makes people lazy drivers.

I never owned anything but manual shifted vehicles up until a couple years ago. I had surgery on my right foot, and couldn't quite coordinate braking and accelerating with my left foot, and operate the clutch by hand with a stick that can clamp to the pedal quickly by depressing a button in the handle (I did this a few years earlier when I had similar surgery on my left foot).

So I was forced to get a vehicle with an automatic. Bought the oldest grandson's 95 Eddie Bauer F150. Drove it with my left foot for six months.

Now it is my beater shop truck and makes the occasional dump run.

If I had any say, no one would get a driver's license unless they are able to drive a stick shift.

• Like 3

Just went through the pictures. This car has been repainted at least twice.

1977_datsun_280z_1612523766495d565ef66e1

It looks real nice, presents well, but after reviewing the pictures, (no decent pictures of the underside) it is like lipstick on a, um, well I better be nice, so I won't say it.

I do like the red though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Racer X said:

Just went through the pictures. This car has been repainted at least twice.

1977_datsun_280z_1612523766495d565ef66e1

It looks real nice, presents well, but after reviewing the pictures, (no decent pictures of the underside) it is like lipstick on a, um, well I better be nice, so I won't say it.

I do like the red though.

For the life of me I cannot understand why painters try and tape VIN tags, it always looks bad.  Drilling out 4 soft aluminum rivets takes less than a minute and replacing those rivets it is just as easy.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, Zed Head said:

So many.  Hard to keep up.  Burgundy 72, classy, looks very original and rust-free.  The owner like Ford blue.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-datsun-240z-166/

image.png

Another towel bar car. This is the same color as my 72, but a previous owner dyed the interior of mine black.

Too bad the doorjamb plate has the glare on it where the month and day of manufacture are, it would be nice to know that. Do one of you have an account at BAT? Maybe someone could ask the seller that info? Never mind, I see Lonetreesteve did this.

I have always disliked the side moldings added by the dealerships or whoever. They do nothing to enhance the lines of the car, and present another avenue for corrosion.   

Still, a decent car, in reasonably good condition considering it is from Colorado.

Edited by Racer X

Never heard of this brand, but it looks like an Italian Pantera.  351 V8 Ford engine, Italian styling.  Z car + Corvette = 1971 Intermeccanica Italia Coupe.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-intermeccanica-italia/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-02-13

image.png

Weird antenna.  Looks like a light pole.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Datsun 240Z VIN #HLS30-00556,1/70 Build, with Original Matching-Numbers Engine on Los Angeles CL:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/awesome-1970-datsun-240z-series-low-vin/7269255381.html 

Seller's asking price is $59,950.00. 

Export NO problem!
EXCELLENT and ULTRA RARE 1970 Series 1 Datsun 240 Z in amazing Rust Free condition! ULTRA LOW VIN (00556) Very original Z with numbers matching l24 motor with 4 speed... and beautiful RARE Blue interior!! Runs fantastic and feels strong. Excellent running/driving Z car. Daily driver capable and super collectible with the rarest of features... blue on blue, clear rear glass, first series console, no carpet floors etc. Real Z collectors know what I'm talking about here.... potential show car. I am a Z collector... this is a RARE and very desirable car. INVESTMENT grade Z. Just out of long term storage... many thousands spent to make it a reliable daily driver ... not concours show car... I drive it often. I have nearly everything needed for a full show restoration.
Serious buyers can call me but no tire kickers please... 310 85zero 898zero... video available 🙂
I'll consider interesting trade but no junk or projects please... motorcycles, sports cars, classic, rod etc.
Thanks!

00l0l_eh6qB8ROJwlz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00o0o_1b0gbcQma9dz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00s0s_9pfkYnWtXfgz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00E0E_eEFe8BMzbh8z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00j0j_2caIGEmSC5Oz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00H0H_8cgkvhRaMpGz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

The driver's door is hanging a bit low, but the front gap looks close.  Looks like somebody rattle-canned the front lower corner of the passenger door.  Shouldn't you be able to see the engine bay ID tag in his picture of that shock tower?  Blaster coil, fancy dual tipped exhaust, the rear end panel has been painted.  Some kind of paper smuggling going on in the rear hatch lip area.

Lots of not-quite-right.  I'd want to see the firewall VIN.  He must know about it, as a "Z collector".

Interesting car.  Of course, it won't be sold, per 01 usual.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lonetreesteve said:

Datsun 240Z VIN #HLS30-00556,1/70 Build, with Original Matching-Numbers Engine on Los Angeles CL:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/awesome-1970-datsun-240z-series-low-vin/7269255381.html 

Seller's asking price is $59,950.00. 

Export NO problem!
EXCELLENT and ULTRA RARE 1970 Series 1 Datsun 240 Z in amazing Rust Free condition! ULTRA LOW VIN (00556) Very original Z with numbers matching l24 motor with 4 speed... and beautiful RARE Blue interior!! Runs fantastic and feels strong. Excellent running/driving Z car. Daily driver capable and super collectible with the rarest of features... blue on blue, clear rear glass, first series console, no carpet floors etc. Real Z collectors know what I'm talking about here.... potential show car. I am a Z collector... this is a RARE and very desirable car. INVESTMENT grade Z. Just out of long term storage... many thousands spent to make it a reliable daily driver ... not concours show car... I drive it often. I have nearly everything needed for a full show restoration.
Serious buyers can call me but no tire kickers please... 310 85zero 898zero... video available 🙂
I'll consider interesting trade but no junk or projects please... motorcycles, sports cars, classic, rod etc.
Thanks!

00l0l_eh6qB8ROJwlz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00o0o_1b0gbcQma9dz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00s0s_9pfkYnWtXfgz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00E0E_eEFe8BMzbh8z_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00j0j_2caIGEmSC5Oz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00H0H_8cgkvhRaMpGz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Saw this car before. The car may have a low number, numbers matching, blue upholstery, blah, blah, blah . . . . but it will take as much, or more to restore it, and that, combined with the seller's high asking price, and a person would only want to buy it if they want to have way more into i that it will be worth.

• Like 1