IGNORED

Z's on BAT and other places collection

Zed Head

21 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

That looks like so much fun, it must sound amazing.  Who needs a rad fan, it's either going full speed or it is turn off.  He sure won't get what he put into it.

I sent the link to Cody. He wanted to build a 510 track car. He'll want to buy this now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texasz said:

@Zed Head, as I recall a welded diff is good for straight line racing...anything with turns and it is not so good.

A welded diff is a poor man's LSD. Driving on the street with a welded diff is hard on the diff and rear tires and eventually the diff will fail, driving on the track is okay because the there is enough speed to compensate for the inside wheel going the same speed as the outside wheel so the slippage isn't noticed. Or so I've been told. 

Christmas eve morning entertainment.  The 78 is getting some love.  Auction ends in 30 minutes and it's up to $21,000. $22,000. Sold for $27,500.  Original has value.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-datsun-280z-81/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-12-24

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

Another 71, original vintage.  Probably has a high reserve, check out the cost of recent service.  Gonna have to go through that invoice....

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-datsun-240z-156/

image.png

A $13,182 service performed at SZR Pro of Houston, Texas in July 2019 included the aforementioned brake and interior work plus the following, as detailed on a four-page invoice pictured in the gallery:

• Changing the fluids (engine, transmission, clutch, differential, coolant)
  • Adjusting the valves
  • Replacing the front and rear main seals
  • Straightening the oil-pan flanges
  • Re-coring the radiator
  • Replacing the water-pump bypass and other hoses
  • Replacing the drive belts, fuel filter, and hood seals
  • Replacing the battery and battery cables
  • Replacing the clutch pilot bearing and transmission tail seal
  • Replacing the differential pinion seal and cover gasket
  • Replacing the exhaust system
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Zed Head said:

The 78 is getting some love.. Sold for $27,500.  Original has value.

Good. I liked that one.  If I were buying, that's the kind of car I would be looking for. Unrestored, but unmolested. Used, but not abused. I didn't read any of the chatter on BAT, but the pics looked like they weren't trying to hide anything. No pretense, just an honest, well loved used Z with all the warts you would see on a normal Z car.  I'd rather fix them myself than pay for someone else's work already done.

Although, if the price for that kind of car is now up to 27.5K, I'm not sure I have the $$ to be in the market.

• Like 1