Possibly found exhaust leak? - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Possibly found exhaust leak?

Featured Replies

13 minutes ago, chaseincats said:

Unfortunately it seems like they don't have it.  Thanks anyway!

If you look more closely at his web site , you may find that ordering out-of-stock 

parts from him may still be an option, given that he makes reproductions.

https://www.240zrubberparts.com/apps/webstore/

 

Edited by AZ-240z

41 minutes ago, chaseincats said:

I have that here coincidentally.  Can foam actually create an air-tight seal?

That's why I suggested the flexible tube.  You'd have to examine the foam to see if it's closed or open cell.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

That's why I suggested the flexible tube.  You'd have to examine the foam to see if it's closed or open cell.

do you have an example on this tube?

  • Author

This is the hole I'm talking about.  I sealed it with tape on the inside and outside but I'd prefer a grommet (I don't expect the outside piece to stay on for long).

test.jpg

Edited by chaseincats

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
8 hours ago, chaseincats said:

Unfortunately it seems like they don't have it.  Thanks anyway!

Steve makes all these parts by hand. If you order one he will probably cast it just for you or make several for inventory.

 Send him an email

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.