IGNORED

Distributor Springs. You’d think this was easy...

zKars

16 hours ago, zKars said:

I get it apart and there staring back at me is two advance weights and only one of them has a spring attached. Hmmmmm...

Many years ago I HAD THE SAME...  I knew the engine ran fine with it and only one spring.. so i left it that way and ... till today it's running with one spring. 1971 feb. 240z.

I often wondered could it be that it runs better with just one spring?  Never experimented with it..

10 hours ago, 240dkw said:

Sorry, I miss spoke, I have the non-emissions dizzy, 606-52. I saw the date in the first post and got it in my mind that it was a UN

No you did not 🙂  Cool that your Canadian Z has the high performance/ high advance spec!  Jim's distributor is an anomaly with the 6 stamp on the weight-limiting bracket. A D612 should be 12....hmmm D606 is 6 and D612 is 12. (and the D609 in the table is 9)....the part number speaks!!!

Edited by 240260280

Let me confuse this further. The picture I showed was of my spare dizzy, which is not identical identical apparently to the one from the car. I was not aware of all the little differences, but the one I can share right now is the numbers on the “original” one are painted on the side, not stamped on the body, and are hard to read. It is likely the same as what 606-52, though it is very hard to read. The “60” part is more less there. See the picture.

This car is a UN Canadian car for sure, no air pump or injection tubing, clean balance tube, no evap tank, gas tank with single vent tube etc.

I will see what number is punched on the sloted bar and let you know. 

But the overall issue is resolved I believe, it should have the single spring it has.

0119C832-551B-468A-A477-3F302CF505DA.jpeg

48 minutes ago, zKars said:

Let me confuse this further. The picture I showed was of my spare dizzy, which is not identical identical apparently to the one from the car. I was not aware of all the little differences, but the one I can share right now is the numbers on the “original” one are painted on the side, not stamped on the body, and are hard to read. It is likely the same as what 606-52, though it is very hard to read. The “60” part is more less there. See the picture.

This car is a UN Canadian car for sure, no air pump or injection tubing, clean balance tube, no evap tank, gas tank with single vent tube etc.

I will see what number is punched on the sloted bar and let you know. 

But the overall issue is resolved I believe, it should have the single spring it has.

Interesting Jim, with my car being a UN, Only 12 cars older than @240dkw's UN car, I thought I would check my dizzy for a painted on number.  I found that mine is a D606-52, but the number is engraved, not painted. Lot's of small variances with our cars.

Cheers, Mike

20201024_062512cr.jpg

• Like 1