IGNORED

Starter Motor went south! Recommended choice for 1972 240z manual tranny

jalexquijano

Recently discussed.

100% new. Not cheap, not stock looking. Likely to last forever and not fail at the whim of the rebuilt junk suppliers. “Oh we are so sorry the  fifth one in a row failed on your, here’s another! Be happy!”  Do I have to bring up the Podunk Kansas story again?

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/1114/category/218

They have alternators as well. Get a stock looking 120 Amp one wire and never look back again.

9CE7271E-24E2-4289-B602-79C179041718.jpeg

Edited by zKars
  • Like 2

Why do people think they can get a good starter for 20-30 bucks?   HUH?????   I sold new originals for 100-200 euro and i knew they last MANY years!  

The other day... a commercial from amazon here in the Netherlands..  Oh thats cheap... OH  thats cheap !!    YES BUT IT'S ALSO JUNK!!   Are people that stupid?

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!  it has been that way always, it will be that way forever...

Last saterday i sayd to my supplyer of autoparts..  i need 2 new pumps for the front and rear windshieldwashers  AND I DON'T WANT THE CHEAP $^!# FROM THE INTERNET..  Now i bought 2 pumps made in france..  No offence (to the french readers here) but i would've liked made in Japan more..   Are these good... i will know in 10 years?

When i "restored" my 240z i put in a brand new original 240z starter. when i restored my 280zx.. i put in a brand new original 280zx starter.  How many times have I been stranded on the road in the last 30 years?   

With 8 different z or zx's  only twice..  once because there was less fuel in the tank as the 240z fuelgauge tried to tell me.. and once the 300zxtt had a problem with it's ignition power transistor (a very common problem i was told later, there was a mod for it.).

My advice:  do like me,  save up enough money to afford the better part!  Otherwise you keep on having problems one after the other and then one day, you really gone hate that effing car.

To me, a list of JUNK!   It's impossible to get a good starter for those prices!

Junk starters!.jpg

Edited by dutchzcarguy

10 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Why do people think they can get a good starter for 20-30 bucks?   HUH?????   I sold new originals for 100-200 euro and i knew they last MANY years!  

The other day... a commercial from amazon here in the Netherlands..  Oh thats cheap... OH  thats cheap !!    YES BUT IT'S ALSO JUNK!!   Are people that stupid?

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!  it has been that way always, it will be that way forever...

Last saterday i sayd to my supplyer of autoparts..  i need 2 new pumps for the front and rear windshieldwashers  AND I DON'T WANT THE CHEAP $^!# FROM THE INTERNET..  Now i bought 2 pumps made in france..  No offence (to the french readers here) but i would've liked made in Japan more..   Are these good... i will know in 10 years?

When i "restored" my 240z i put in a brand new original 240z starter. when i restored my 280zx.. i put in a brand new original 280zx starter.  How many times have I been stranded on the road in the last 30 years?   

With 8 different z or zx's  only twice..  once because there was less fuel in the tank as the 240z fuelgauge tried to tell me.. and once the 300zxtt had a problem with it's ignition power transistor (a very common problem i was told later, there was a mod for it.).

My advice:  do like me,  save up enough money to afford the better part!  Otherwise you keep on having problems one after the other and then one day, you really gone hate that effing car.

To me, a list of JUNK!   It's impossible to get a good starter for those prices!

Junk starters!.jpg

Ok guide me with the correct part number as replacement starter motor for my 1972 240z with a 5 speed 280z manual transmission. Im posting the picture of the stamped Hitachi code as reference. Apparently here in Panama no one seems to figure out the correct part number.

20200921_125045.jpg

20200921_125050.jpg

IMG-20200921-WA0049.jpg

IMG-20200921-WA0025.jpg

On 9/19/2020 at 3:21 PM, jalexquijano said:

I can source the one in the first picture locally.

20200919_120156.jpg

Doesn't the local source have other part numbers?  Shipping is going to cost you a lot if you buy from the internet.  Even if you buy directly from a manufacturer.

Many manufacturers have their own internet presence now.  You might not be able to order from their web site but you can get  feel for the company.  Like zKars link.  Or the links I showed in your other thread (always another thread...).