70 240z - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

70 240z

Featured Replies

Nice tires and oil filter.

You will spend some "dough-ray-mi" but will be worth it in the end.

Love all the documents you have. Thanks for sharing them. :beer:

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Owwwww....yea, you need a frame rail.  My previous advice.

Noticing the picture of the exhaust pipes with the 'Z' medallion.  I always thought that that collector style was exclusive to the auto trans cars.  You see how one pipe is welded into the other - no collector fitting?  Interesting.

My advice for this car would be to find a good frame rail cut from a donor car. You could use a reproduction rail but I think a good OEM cut would make a better repair and if done properly would be nearly invisible. This car is worth the effort

Years ago I got my rear quarters from a 73 at Hidden Valley Auto parts in Maricopa. I wonder if they still have the rest of the shell there. It would be worth a phone call.

  • Author

That’s a great idea. I will give them a call in the A.M

I don't necessarily agree that you need a body shell, but if you find something appropriate, why not!  Again, be careful with your alignment.

So what you basically have is an early version of the early HLS30 builds everyone refers to as "series one" and you are going to find some very unique parts throughout the car.  This site is going to be a treasure of information.  I have much of my stuff documented.  You'll find information about the European imports as well as what was made in Japan and how the cars differed from the export models.

Great car, more pictures!

Here are pics of the nearest VINs I have to yours: 672

 

air vent entry.jpeg

brake.jpeg

console.jpeg

deck.jpeg

emblem.jpeg

engine.jpeg

gas filler.jpeg

glass.jpeg

hood.jpeg

inner fender.jpeg

seat.jpeg

vin.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.