IGNORED

70 240z

cmillermorris

8 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Do you want to keep it?  If so, pick away at the clean-up and make repairs using early Z parts.

If not, flip it now for a great reward.

My heart tells me to keep it. If I do keep it are you suggesting keep the car as a survivor and avoid the frame off restoration? My pocket book tells me that this Z could fetch a pretty penny on BAT but I just don't see myself letting it go. 

Edited by cmillermorris

Please take more photos for us.  It is rare to see an early Z that has been unmolested.  These photos help us greatly in the accuracy of our restorations so they are very much appreciated ?

More close-ups in the engine compartment, the fire wall area, the area between the bumper and the radiator, up under the dash, etc... THANKS!

• Like 3

On 8/28/2020 at 7:20 PM, cmillermorris said:

My heart tells me to keep it. If I do keep it are you suggesting keep the car as a survivor and avoid the frame off restoration? My pocket book tells me that this Z could fetch a pretty penny on BAT but I just don't see myself letting it go. 

Yes it wouldn't be too hard to clean it up, fix the rails and make some money on this car but the I think the rewards of owning and driving your Z will be greater and if you do decide to sell sometime in the future the car will only be worth more.

Your Z would be perfect for a survivor treatment but I would be very careful with how hard you drive the car until the rails are repaired.  That area just behind the T/C rod mount is a crucial to the structure of the car and although that area appears to be the only major rust you can be assured that there is more waiting for you.

The structure of the car needs a full restoration or at least a through cleaning and inspection, everything above the floor pans can stay original if you choose to go that way.

Finding original rails from an early car is ideal but there is a company in Florida that is making excellent reproductions that might be worth looking at, https://kfvintagejdm.com/product-category/datsun/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Please take more photos for us.  It is rare to see an early Z that has been unmolested.  These photos help us greatly in the accuracy of our restorations so they are very much appreciated ?

More close-ups in the engine compartment, the fire wall area, the area between the bumper and the radiator, up under the dash, etc... THANKS!

I will try to get some more pictures for everyone this week. I think I might have located a 70 240Z donor car, and I have never driven this car, and don't plan on it until the rust/frame rail have been addressed. 

• Like 4