IGNORED

Does EGR Delete reduce value?

Muzez

I'm going to answer in a slightly different way:

The only time it would really matter is for a stock correct specimen. And even then, the only cars that anyone really seems to care about stockness is with the 240s. Stock is "nice" for some people for the 260 and 280's, but it doesn't seem to affect the price nearly as much as with stock 240s.

So..... Couple that with the fact that the EGR didn't start until the 73 240Z? My bottom line is the only time it would really matter much would be with a stock 73 sale.

If you have a 260, or any 280, just do what Mark said and just put the parts in a box for the next owner.

• Thanks 1

It depends on what YOU want from the car. Are you doing it for resale? I have my car because I've loved them since I first saw them. I went out on a limb and bought a brand new 1973 240z that I really couldn't afford. Drove it to death over the next 17+ years and then got my current 'early 71 back in late 1990 to replace the '73. This one is a fair weather driver and yes, I've done mods and don't have some of the parts I've removed. Do I care? Not really because the car is the way I want it.

• Like 2

interesting question, If resale value is your interest, then you need to ask resale today or at some point in the future. Today it would seem early model S30s are the ones that pull in big amounts esp if original. If you use history as a predictor of the future, then you can assume at some point later S30's can be seen the same. So if that is true then originality will be valued and increase resale value. For me I just like things to work as designed, so the challenge is to diagnose and correct the issue. 30 years from now, assuming we can still buy gasoline, an original S30 of any year may bring in big bucks.. or not... I think the S30 is so well designed that its appeal will cross generations. The same can not be said for all collectable vehicles. Some value is attributable to nostalgia, think Model T era cars, or 50's cars like 57 chevy. These cars do not have appeal across generations so I suspect demand will drop as the buyers die off (so will supply of course but since many are garage queens perhaps not as fast). I think for the mid 90s were the high water mark for style of japan sport cars. If I had the space I would look for a very nice mid 90's 300zx. The down side to later models however is maintaining them, as they become more complex, old parts fail and have to be replaced. more parts makes it harder to maintain.

Edited by Dave WM
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback guys! Thanks abound for everyone. 

I have a low mileage model, so I have been trying keep it as original as possible in case I ever have to sell it (god forbid). My intention is to keep it as long as I can keep buying gasoline, but the road of life takes unexpected turns. That having been said, there are some things that I will change in the future that will diverge from original (Goodbye bog bumpers :) ).

Was looking through the install list last night and it looks like removal does not require sacrificing any parts, I am going to follow your advice @Mark Maras and keep all of the parts for the next owner. I can always reinstall them if needed.

Also, thanks @Captain Obvious for the analysis on value by Model Year/Series.