IGNORED

Front SU Carb pulling in a TON more air than the rear - Help...

So it's a bummer when your old un-rebuilt carbs are in better shape than "rebuilt" ones you paid (I assume) good money for. That throttle shaft is a disaster.

I kinda wonder what other issues are lurking with those "rebuilt" carbs. I guess if they work OK (the rear one at least), one could assume any other mishandlings are minor enough to keep using them. Only suggestion would be to make sure you check the float bowl levels.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:09 PM, siteunseen said:

I've always bought from ztherapy.

I do have another SU place bookmarked on my laptop. I'll post it when I'm using again. Most likely tomorrow though...

Following up. That bookmark "suffered a critical failure" so no good anymore. It was some English car parts site for Austin Healeys and MGs.

Did a quick search, ztherapy comes up 1st. They're out there. Good luck.

image.png

https://www.google.com/search?rls=ig&ei=A0kUX4TWONXA1QGd_ZToBQ&q=hitachi+su+carburetor+throttle+shafts+&oq=hitachi+su+carburetor+throttle+shafts+&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIICCEQFhAdEB4yCAghEBYQHRAeOgQIABBHOgIIADoFCAAQzQI6BAghEAo6BQghEKABOgUIIRCrAlCmMViMhwFgxp4BaABwAXgAgAF8iAHzDZIBBDIwLjGYAQCgAQGqAQdnd3Mtd2l6&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjE44C5tNnqAhVVYDUKHZ0-BV0Q4dUDCAw&uact=5

• Like 1