IGNORED

Landau Top

zed2

Since I have plenty of time on my hands, I thought now is the time to add a bit of distinction to my 1970 Safari Gold 240Z.

Most people add weber carbs or fender flairs.  My idea is the landau top.  Here is a photo of an install. Ignore the beltline molding for now, I would add the molding once I can find a manufacturer that offers one that can be screwed to the body (I do not want the stickon type).

The manufacturer of the top offers one day shipping, so I will get it tomorrow and have the install completed by Saturday.  I'm so excited! 

I'll post photos when I am done.  Maybe a group buy can be arranged for other Z owners!!

Keith

Landau top.jpg

Edited by zed2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, zed2 said:

Since I have plenty of time on my hands, I thought now is the time to add a bit of distinction to my 1970 Safari Gold 240Z.

Most people add weber carbs or fender flairs.  My idea is the landau top.  Here is a photo of an install. Ignore the beltline molding for now, I would the molding once I can find a manufacturer that offers one that can be screwed to the body (I do not want the stickon type).

The manufacturer of the top offers one day shipping, so I will get it tomorrow and have the install completed by Saturday.  I'm so excited! 

I'll post photos when I am done.  Maybe a group buy can be arranged for other Z owners!!

Keith

Landau top.jpg

About 2 weeks late with this one.  As a CPA I guess you are in Tax Day Shock - oh wait, we all have 60 day extensions!!!

• Like 1

GREAT IDEA!

You know, that was one of the earliest options tested on a Z. Here is a photo that maybe from 1968 (note the prototype rollbar, tail lights, and rear panel finisher):

image.png

Here is one from Q4 1969 in the first Mag with a Z to hit Australia.

image.jpeg

Here is same cover photo in B&W

nissan-fairlady-c30-13622.jpg

It was even on very early clay designs to going back to 1966.

Image1.jpg

Edited by 240260280

Nice, the illustration show adhesive. 

I thought some black rivets (to match the vinyl) would be a better alternative. Glue and other adhesives can deteriorate due to heat and moisture.  I want some permanency to this enhancement.

Keith

As I see the photos, the A pillar coverage would compliment extending the landau material to the hood.  Naturally, the engine heat may effect adhesive, so my rivet solution can be extended to the hood area.

There are way too many stock 240Z's around.  I want my car to really stand out at a car show!

Keith

Edited by zed2
  • Like 1

The very last thing I would do is try to install the vinyl with rivets.   Seriously bad idea.  Rivets certainly will not relieve your concerns about the adhesive, "Glue and other adhesives can deteriorate due to heat and moisture", if you use the correct adhesive.  The vinyl is fully adhered / direct glue-down.