IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

I have no words for the idiocy and treachery going on at the federal level any more. The president is actively advocating uprisings in states with coronavirus lockdowns.

In 69 years I have never seen anything like it. This looks like an excuse for a political demonstration that will intentionally result in CO-19 death for some of the demonstrators. Health, science and logic have been thrown out by the white house.

Mods, feel free to delete this post if it's out of line. I just couldn't avoid a comment about this.

• Like 2

He is a desperate man, a wounded animal.  Jail time, or at least years of trials and exposure, is waiting for him if he doesn't get re-elected.  It's probably going to get much worse, especially as the election gets near, if the polls show him behind.  If he loses, that lame duck period will be extraordinary.  I'm talking about the man himself, not the party.

These are fascinating times.  

• Like 3

This data set, below, can be sorted by clicking on the column header.  Click "Deaths per one million population".  The USA is moving up fairly rapidly.  Look at all of the countries below us, doing better.  Of course, the data is always suspect, but still, we're supposed to be "the best".

It really is amazing that all of this is happening.  This is not the America that anyone recognizes.  We're not saving or helping some other needy part of the world.  This is all internal, no matter where it started.  

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

1 hour ago, Pilgrim said:

I have no words for the idiocy and treachery going on at the federal level any more. The president is actively advocating uprisings in states with coronavirus lockdowns.

In 69 years I have never seen anything like it. This looks like an excuse for a political demonstration that will intentionally result in CO-19 death for some of the demonstrators. 

Natural Selection at work. Hitler sent his followers out and told them to fight to the end too. No surrender. Risking and giving one's life for their Leader is still the ultimate glory for some. One person's glory is absolute stupidity to others.

Looking back at the 1918 flu everyone started to relax as the summer months came around and the number of flu cases dropped dramatically. Little did they know when the virus came back in the fall it was going to be far worse than what they had experienced before. My fear is history is going to repeat itself. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

Natural Selection at work. Hitler sent his followers out and told them to fight to the end too. No surrender. Risking and giving one's life for their Leader is still the ultimate glory for some. One person's glory is absolute stupidity to others.

Looking back at the 1918 flu everyone started to relax as the summer months came around and the number of flu cases dropped dramatically. Little did they know when the virus came back in the fall it was going to be far worse than what they had experienced before. My fear is history is going to repeat itself. 

Mine as well. But Trump is hastening the process with his actions and tweets.

I personally have no use for Twitter. It's a place where people display their worst impulses and most poorly formulated thoughts.  It fits that a man with the attention span of a fruit fly uses it all the time.

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 1

I can easily imagine a civil war within a civil war.  The people who bought all of those guns using them against the people who don't want to fight the virus, but also bought a bunch of guns and ammo.

Here is Alex Jones back in the public eye.  This stuff used to be just crazies on the internet but now they are out and active.  This can't end well.  Stay At Home makes even more sense now.

47 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

A house divided.  Competing with, probably, Jared Kushner,  Or Jared is actually the drug dealer making the deal, controlling the market.  Get your own PPE!

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2010025

This shows what a ridiculous situation we have.  Hospitals having to essentially search the black market for PPE and then both compete with and negotiate with the feds to keep them. This is theater of the absurd.  

Edited by Pilgrim