IGNORED

COVID-19

Zed Head

But you'll still take the paycheck for traveling to China for work?  Nothing you own was made in China?

But, back to the original question, modified - what response are you expecting from your videos?  The virus is here, no matter where it came from.  How will knowing where it came from affect any of a person's actions?  It won't change the hot spots.  It won't change the need to wear a face covering.  It won't change "stay at home" orders.  It won't change any planning a person might be doing.  Nothing will change "on the ground"' here in the US, or anywhere in the world.

Edited by Zed Head

2 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I don't work in China, that was a long time ago. I will never go there again... but Taiwan is great.

I avoid China crap at all cost.  Just bought a made in USA washer.  Don't be such an arse!

Stop posting the pointless videos.  See my edited response above your reply.  

Assembled in USA or all parts made in USA?  Let's check that out.

The world is a global marketplace at this point. If US consumers insist on buying as cheap as possible, China and other countries will continue to take over market. I'm as guilty as anyone, but I don't apologize for buying products made in other countries when the US no longer makes them. There are no US TV manufacturers, and the same goes for most consumer electronics. 

Hopefully the current situation points out some of the shortcomings of shipping stuff halfway around the world to have it assembled or finished because it's cheaper than assembling it in the US.

I heard a radio commentator say today that he was amazed how politicized the CO-19 situation has become. People are ignoring science and choosing what to believe based on political inclination as well as their own convenience. 

Personally, I'm on the side of science. Maybe it's having earned a PhD, but to me politics and my personal convenience make no difference. Health and survival first. Even if I were of a different political persuasion, I wouldn't be running around in public without a mask.  And when I shop, I wear nitrile gloves and clean them before re-use. 

This weekend I saw pictures of people jamming a few restaurants that have opened. Not a single one is wearing a mask. I wonder what in the hell they are thinking and wondering whether they are not very bright, making a political statement, too stir-crazy, or a mixture of all three.

I know the virus is out there, and in reality, nothing has changed over the past two months except that we have taken enough precautions to spread out the peak and save people from dying in hospital corridors due to lack of ventilators. As soon as we start mixing together, it's clear that the infections and deaths will increase in number. I don't plan to be among them. Not this summer, not this fall, and not until we find ways to provide more protection than a mask. 

Edited by Pilgrim
  • Like 2

Had a crazy revelation after my trip to Target yesterday.

The closing of all the restaurants, mom and pop shops and other small stores is the stupidest thing we could possibly do as a country to ease the pandemic.  By doing this, you are forcing EVERYONE to only shop at a few stores.  This is like forcing everyone to drink from the same cup, infected and non-infected alike.  In my few trips to Costco and Target in the last month, both places were packed with lines out the door.  Hard to believe that no one in those crowds was not infected.  If I could have picked up my hair gel (That's a thing here in California)  at a local salon and my ice cream at a local ice cream shop, I could have avoided the mass of humanity, all drinking from the same pond.

Same thing with food.  Instead of having 100's of restaurants to choose from, my choices are limited to just a few fast food places.  Again, the lines are so long to the McDonalds, Carl's Jr, etc. that I just drive on by.  Walked in to Chipotle and ordered to go.  Again, the problem here is we are all being forced to drink from the same cup, or same infected cashier.  Unless of course, you no longer need to eat and own a bidet.

Anyway, just had to rant here. The insanity of this all is beyond me.  Thankfully I pick my Z up from the paint shop this evening or I think I would lose my sanity.

• Like 1

It's really incredible how things have changed since this whole thing began. So fast it's almost incomprehensible, what has happened and what could have happened. 

I just saw this comment from Senator Romney that puts things in perspective.  It's from the The Guardian's coverage of today's health committee hearings.  I think it's balanced.  Romney is a Republican as is the W.H. at this time.

Hard to believe that South Korea, a country of about 52 million people has only 256 deaths, and we have over 80,000 and growing every day.

"As a reminder, Romney said a little earlier that the administration’s boasts “ignored the fact that they [South Korea] accomplished theirs at the beginning of the outbreak, while we treaded water during February and March.”

Romney added: “And as a result, by March 6, the US had completed just 2,000 tests, whereas South Korea had conducted more than 140,000 tests, so partially as a result of that they have 256 deaths and we have 80,000. I find our testing record is nothing to celebrate whatsoever.”

And he concluded:

“The fact is their [South Korea’s] test numbers are going down, down, down, down now because they don’t have the kind of outbreak we have, ours are going up, up, up as they have to. That’s an important lesson for us as we think about the future."