Hitachi 280ZX Distributors - Page 12 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Hitachi 280ZX Distributors

Featured Replies

Very easy to believe though.  It fits.

"The German health ministry spokesperson declined the opportunity to correct any inaccuracies in Die Welt’s account."

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Rugby is taking extra steps so that they can keep playing.

 

  • Author

Well, the only good new I have is that all the parts for my distributor rebuild have finally arrived. So I can lock myself in my garage without guilt and rebuild one maybe two distributors. Last part (breaker plate) arrived this AM. Really was surprised to see it arrive with all this chaos.

808cb7ead8d4df2ad82ff9a78f503640.jpgb04f4c496b61eb7406a4bfc5c07b84ad.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that you found it at all.  I wonder if they have 280Z breaker plates.

I'm with Zed Head, can't believe you found one. 

I did a search for that same one recently with no success.

Congrats on locating one.

  • Author
I'm with Zed Head, can't believe you found one. 
I did a search for that same one recently with no success.
Congrats on locating one.

Thanks, maybe I got the last one, sort of like the last pack of Chicken Breasts I got from the grocery store today. It was $45 shipped, so it wasn’t cheap that’s for sure. But now I’m confident it should work.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So I’ve made some good progress rebuilding this distributor.  The Atlanticz rebuild instructions are fantastic.   
So I have carcasses and parts from 3.5 distributors (One I cannibalized in the yard because it was frozen to the front cover) 

I have 3 vacuum advance assemblies.  I bench tested them and 2 of 3 were bad.  The good one looks rough...very rusty but it holds vac pressure and the plunger moves and holds.  I’m actually building 2 distributors, one a a primary and the other as a back up.  I went online to hunt down a new vacuum advance.  Of course they’re no longer in stock anywhere.  The part number is 22301-p7900 or 7901.   I did find some that look identical, Stanza and 200sx.  Parts numbers are different, but part looks exactly the same,  not sure if those would work,  look at links below. 
 

first eBay link is titles 22301-p7901 but on the phone it has a different part number on the box 22301-D2100

https://www.ebay.com/p/1173306983
 

Another website says I can use a Standard Motor Product part VC351.  See this link, at the bottom is talks about different Nissan Vaccum advances compatibility with Standard Brand. 

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Late-model_Vacuum_Advance

 

What do you guys think?

  • Author

Here’s a video of a test of the distributor vacuum advance.  You can see this a bad one,  I’ll show a good one once it’s dry (just painted it). 
 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.