Considering complete restore 1970 240z - Page 4 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Considering complete restore 1970 240z

Featured Replies

  • Author

So that can easily belong on a 1970?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Author

I’ve decided to do the work myself. I’m going to enjoy the car long term and learn some things. Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that webbing material available to rebuild my seats?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Author
Here's a good thread to read on seats.
 

Thank you. I’m all over that thread. The seats in that thread don’t have the webbing like mine. The rest of the thread dies apply.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Author

Is $350 a reasonable price for a series 1 clutch assembly. 

 

I don't think that there is such a thing.  If the parts are Nissan new old stock, they might have added value.  But "series 1 clutch assembly" doesn't really mean anything and doesn't say anything about the brand or what the parts are.  How about more details?

Rockauto.com an Excedy clutch kit is $112.00. I believe Cliff @siteunseen has an Excedy clutch in one of his Zs and likes it.

  • Author
I don't think that there is such a thing.  If the parts are Nissan new old stock, they might have added value.  But "series 1 clutch assembly" doesn't really mean anything and doesn't say anything about the brand or what the parts are.  How about more details?

It’s off a series 1 car being parted out! Sorry for the poor communications


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes more sense.  The odds of it being original are slim, and if it is it's probably worn out.

It looks like you're doing a restoration so maybe even original mechanical parts are important.  But $350 for a worn out clutch disc and pressure plate seems a bit much.  If that's what you're looking for, original parts, make sure you check the markings and labels.  I can't believe that somebody would even ask that amount for those parts.

Get pictures, post them, and we'll tear them apart.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.