IGNORED

280z 3D printed fuse cover and other parts.

kutukutu1

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

I didn't dig deep, but I believe there are four different covers.

74, 75, 76, and 77-78.

At least that's how it appears according to the pics in the FSM's.

Thanks. I’ll try the 77-78. If the community likes them, then maybe I can look into other years or if it’s requested by the community. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again everyone.

I would like your feedback again.

Getting white on a decal has been difficult and attached are a few color options. Original was silk screened which i cant afford.

I put a black background on it so you can see how it would look. But it will be on clear film.

Let me know your thoughts or any other color suggestion.

280ZFuseLabel_ColorComboBlackBack.png

Edited by kutukutu1

38 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Well most people are going to want white, strong vibrant colours are going to look out of place but that orange might do the trick, better if you could find a way to dull it down.  It's just a fuse box cover, you don't want it to draw the eye to it, you just want it to blend in.

Thanks for that feedback.

I dont think ill be able to make the white happen.

How about more of a brownish color? Should not pop as much from the cover and should still be easily legible.

280ZFuseLabel_Brown.png

Or maybe a lighter yellow?  and for informational references, I put a 77' cover on Jai's 76' (she didn't have one to compare with).  I don't recall any fitment problems, but I think the only difference was the exterior printed fuse locations maybe?

20 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

Or maybe a lighter yellow?  and for informational references, I put a 77' cover on Jai's 76' (she didn't have one to compare with).  I don't recall any fitment problems, but I think the only difference was the exterior printed fuse locations maybe?

Thanks for that feedback. If the fitment is the same, just different fuse labeling, it makes it easier as the labeling is easier than designing a new part.

How about this ? Slightly different shades of yellow.

I do agree that the brown would not pop out, but concerned with it not being legible against the black background.

I think top left looks decent.

280ZFuseLabel_Yellow.png

Edited by kutukutu1