IGNORED

280z 3D printed fuse cover and other parts.

kutukutu1

Hello everyone,

someone on reddit was looking for a model for the fuse box cover of the 280z. I made the model for them and also printed one for myself and it works great. I make parts for first gen rx7 like headlight bushings, wiper bushings and door pull cups and was wondering if there was any interest in me making these parts for the z community. I am also able to make the rubber top hat for the rear springs but don’t know if the community actually would purchase them or just switch to coilovers. Give me some feedback and your thoughts on this. 
Thanks. 

Here you go. 
2 of the cover, the second to last one is one of the wiper bushings for the FC rx7, last one if a printed shift knob for my 280.  
On the cover I still want to do a few more refinements and make a stamp to put in the writing on the front, but did not want to spend the resources if there was no interest from the community; which is why I am asking for the feedback. 
with the printer I can also put in the writing permanently as part of the print and it can’t ever be erased or fade away, but don’t know if the community would like it since it won’t look as original. Example, the last picture of a shift knob I made for my Z with the sunk lettering.  Let me know. 
thanks. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

FD104098-DD6A-4A9F-B183-79AB64A84C7F.jpeg

70A587EF-843E-4616-AC36-3C820FF222E0.jpeg

Edited by kutukutu1
More pics
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

The folks on the RX7 forums will be interested in the headlight bushings. I bought a set in New Zealand a few years back. They're not easy to find and are very much in demand. 

Thanks yeah, i already provide the headlight and wiper bushings for the FB community for the past 5 years or so. All the parts i currently make are for RX7's. I got a Z 2 years back and looking to make some parts for it as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I like the engraved look on the shift knob, but you will probably see more sales of the fuse cover if it has a decal.

Thanks for the feedback. Will look into cost of a decal or silk screening style stamping. 

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

One of the complications about any sort of fuse identification is that there are differences between years.

It's not one size fits all for everything from 74-78.

Thanks for that feedback. I thought the covers where different 74 to 76 from 77 to 78. This would technically only be for 77 to 78, unless I can get my hands on earlier years to take measurements, it would only be for 77 to 78 at the moment. Let me know if my assumptions are incorrect. Thanks.