IGNORED

window issue

arcdef

Hi All,

I am hoping for some help/advice on an issue with my 260Z's window. Since buying the drivers side window was quite stiff to wind up/down but i thought it was just because of its age. The other day however as winding up there was a loud 'pop' at which point the window dropped and had come off of its guides.

I took the window and regulator out, cleaned and re-greased and reassembled however it is now just as stiff and wont go all the way up as seems misaligned. I have attempted to adjust it using the front sash and rear guide however can not get it to sit right.

I am starting to think the regulator itself may be damaged as it appear to be fouling on itself.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on what to try next? 

Thanks,

Ash

20191221_123135.jpg

20191221_123200.jpg

20191221_123209.jpg

On 12/22/2019 at 11:36 PM, grannyknot said:

Could be, need to see it.

Sorry for the delay, hard to get time in garage with christmas! Hope you all had a good holiday. Here are some photos of the window and regulator.

Sorry if massive, I'm using my phone. Certainly looks to me that one of the regulator arms is bent as it is fouling when inside the door and doesn't look straight. 

Thanks again for all the help.

20191228_104152.jpg20191228_104222.jpg20191228_104238.jpg20191228_104253.jpg20191228_103429.jpg

20191228_104244.jpg

Just refitted it all using the factory and Haynes manuals as guides and is still coming up incorrectly. It actually seems fine until I fit the front sash at which point it is being pulled forward. 

Super frustrating!

15775329913265855482687851709774.jpg

I have a couple of regulators out in the storage area, I'll go get them today and take the same photos as you have to see if there is a difference. But just looking at at your regulator it appears that both the hinged arm and the fixed arm have been bent.

The front guide and window/guide look normal. Here is a 260z P/S regulator pic I just found on google, you can see that the hinged arm is straight and the fixed arm is flatter than yours.  Since your isn't working the way it is at the moment you might as well pop it in a vice and try bending it back into shape.

001.jpg

12 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I have a couple of regulators out in the storage area, I'll go get them today and take the same photos as you have to see if there is a difference. But just looking at at your regulator it appears that both the hinged arm and the fixed arm have been bent.

The front guide and window/guide look normal. Here is a 260z P/S regulator pic I just found on google, you can see that the hinged arm is straight and the fixed arm is flatter than yours.  Since your isn't working the way it is at the moment you might as well pop it in a vice and try bending it back into shape.

001.jpg

Thanks that would be amazing, if you could try get a picture from all 4 angles around it that would be great. Going to try get the kink out of the hinged arm in the mean time.

1577536008506393396754486137317.jpg

Thanks again