718Miata

Auction for my 72 240z

I'm new to auctions in general and would love to see this sell high. I was a little shocked at the 21% buyers premium though! Wow! That's gotta hurt the bidding value....

6 minutes ago, wheee! said:

I'm new to auctions in general and would love to see this sell high. I was a little shocked at the 21% buyers premium though! Wow! That's gotta hurt the bidding value....

Yes, but I’m not being charged a listing fee or a sales percentage. Mecum charges both, and a 10% buyer’s premium as well. So that allows me to set the opening bid lower and with no reserve. 

• Like 1

The suggested items at the bottom are interesting.  Janet and I can take pot shots at each other in our his and her man cave this Christmas.

If you want to surprise us this Chrismas, we are more of a Johnny Seven gun-friendly family... vintage lawn darts are ok too.

image.png

They definitely have some interesting items at the auction. It’s a Houston institution.  I’ve bought a few really great pieces of art there. 

1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

The suggested items at the bottom are interesting.  Janet and I can take pot shots at each other in our his and her man cave this Christmas.

If you want to surprise us this Chrismas, we are more of a Johnny Seven gun-friendly family... vintage lawn darts are ok too.

Can I come too? I have toys....

DSC00085.JPG

P3300029.JPG

P5120019.JPG

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

fine print: The man cave cannot be in Afghanistan.

It's all good, I brought them home with me....

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 2:32 PM, 718Miata said:

Hi folks. I consigned my car again to a Houston auction house. The opening bid is $15,000 with no reserve. Here is the link:

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/78726134_1972-datsun-nissan-240z

Good luck with the auction!  Hope it goes well.  I also recommend putting up a classified ad here on our site with a link to the auction in the ad.  Here's the link to the cars for sale section:  https://www.classiczcars.com/classifieds/category/1-cars-for-sale/

Mike

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

It's all good, I brought them home with me....

That's one hell of a carry-on they allowed you for the trip home.

That's one hell of a carry-on they allowed you for the trip home.

You’d be surprised what fits on a Globemaster....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1