IGNORED

The blue 510

grannyknot

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My big fear is that you will soon lose interest in 'all things Datsun' and move on new challenges.  The next logical step for someone with your skills is a late-60's Alfa GTV, isn't it?  Or -- sharp intake of breath -- a Jag E-Type.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Namerow said:

My big fear is that you will soon lose interest in 'all things Datsun' and move on new challenges.  The next logical step for someone with your skills is a late-60's Alfa GTV, isn't it?  Or -- sharp intake of breath -- a Jag E-Type.

Oh there's no fear of that, I love the look of the GTV's, absolutely beautiful car and I almost bought one before my first 240z but I was allowed to take the car for a test drive and they really don't handle very well,  the suspension and steering  design are from the 50's.  The Z is much more fun car to drive and was more affordable, not so much any more.  I had my stint with British cars too, they certainly have their charm but they also have a lot of drawbacks.  I almost bought a 510 when I was 16 but my folks wouldn't let me so I'm looking forward to getting this one on the road.

• Like 1

Good advice on wearing eye protection....

I spent two weeks in NAS Jacksonville Hospital after a wire came off of a wheel they were grinding the deck of the Destroyer SS Waldron. Luckily no permanent damage to my eye, but it went in a half inch. BTW grannyknot.....really enjoy watching your project!!!

Guy

Edited by Diseazd
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know what the 3 green one red and one yellow dot on the tires mean?   As i sometimes put tires on..(in the past just few times) i know/think?  the red dot is the light spot of the tire and should be placed near the ... what you call it.. the tire valve?  (Learning lots of english here!!! 😉 )

I'm particular interested in the green one's as there are 3 !! of them on 1 tire..

Yellow is the heaviest spot of the tire? (as it is exactly opposite the red spot.)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the whole car seam sealed and yesterday put 2 coats of high build primer on everything, so far all the panels are looking pretty smooth but I'll find out this morning when I get the guide coat on it.  One good thing about the Covid situation is I'm getting a lot of work on the car done.

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

• Like 2