IGNORED

The blue 510

grannyknot

11 hours ago, grannyknot said:

The engine won't start by turning the key, I have to turn the key to ON and use a remote hand switch connected to the starter?

Sounds like the keylock switches are not wired correct, on "START"  the fuelpump is activated? (as on "ON" ?) and is the ignition on "START" as it IS on "ON"?  (Obviously you got ignition on ON.. as it runs..)

Haven't figured out the key/starter problem yet but had it running today and while the engine is warming up and the revs are normal and steady if I unplug the MAF the revs go anther 400 rpm higher, plug the MAF back in and they go back to normal, once the engine starts cycling unplugging the MAF makes no difference.

It does sound like a mixture problem.  Any chance you have an air-fuel ratio meter handy?  🤓

I could envision a scenario where the mixture correction data lags the engine's response time, though I'm not sure at the moment how to correct it.  Is it fitted with a mass airflow sensor or an airflow meter? 

15 minutes ago, ETI4K said:

It does sound like a mixture problem.  Any chance you have an air-fuel ratio meter handy?  🤓

I could envision a scenario where the mixture correction data lags the engine's response time, though I'm not sure at the moment how to correct it.  Is it fitted with a mass airflow sensor or an airflow meter? 

It has a MAF but it came with the engine so I have no idea if it works or not,  unplugging the MAF changes the rpm when at idle so I'm assuming that it works.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, siteunseen said:

My d21 pickup did that too. It was the vacuum hoses that hook up right beside each other, 4 side by side if I remember right.

I removed all the pollution control vacuum lines when I rebuilt the engine, the only vacuum line left goes to the fuel regulator, I'm pretty sure there are no vacuum leaks as I've very careful to eliminate that possibility on reassembly.

13 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Sounds like the keylock switches are not wired correct, on "START"  the fuelpump is activated? (as on "ON" ?) and is the ignition on "START" as it IS on "ON"?  (Obviously you got ignition on ON.. as it runs..)

Fuel pump is working while cranking.

I disassembled the ignition switch today, cleaned and sanded the contacts, it seems to be working fine. I'm using a canam relay/fuse box to handle the fuel pump, ECCS and RUN, I did notice the RUN circuit isn't energized when the key is in the start position but is on in the ON position. In a pinch I guess I could run a momentary switch and dash mount it as a start button but I would rather solve the wiring problem first.

• 2 weeks later...

Have solved some problems and acquired others, fuel pump died on me so waiting a new to arrive soon, in the mean time  trying to finish the rest of the car. I had a set of 240z sunvisors on the self so tried them in the 510, they fit!  And fit perfectly, as if they might have been an possible option for Nissan.  Spoiler and front bumper are on, brakes and clutch are bled, the rear window is done, carpet kit is in (those wrinkles are not in the finished job).

Finished the SS threshold plates and installed the seats today, just need a fuel pump now.

IMG_1213.JPGIMG_1214.JPGIMG_1215.JPGIMG_1210.JPGIMG_1219.JPGIMG_1225.JPGIMG_1227.JPGIMG_1228.JPGIMG_1231.JPG

• Like 3