IGNORED

240Z Fender Replacement Question

Zaspen

I have the shell of my 240 at the body shop and I need to make a decision on the fenders.  The right side has already been patched on the bottom and has a decent amount of rot and the left side is pretty much junk.  I've been looking at possibly just getting replacement fenders but i'm not sure if anything out there is good.  Z-car depot has fenders listed but they also state that they may not fit right.  Ebay also has fenders but I'm guessing that they are the same as the ones Z-car depot sells.  Z-car source offers "refinished" fenders which appear to be used fenders that they did some work to.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!  

Also- (poor quality) progress pics!

20191108_140426.jpg

20191108_140509.jpg

Hey!  I have a car in the same condition!

I would reasonably expect to "diddle" with the fenders depending on your expectations of fit.  I have no expectation that a body piece is just going to bolt right up - perfect fit.  Doors, hood, deck and fenders included.  They are all going to need alignment.  For my car, I bought used original fenders in good condition.

38 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Order them from Nissan. They still have restamps of good quality. Mine was almost perfect.

All of the online Nissan places I usually buy parts from show them as discontinued.  Is there a trick to getting them?  Do I need a knowledgeable parts person at a local dealer?

5 hours ago, wheee! said:

It seems Canada has a larger selection of NOS parts than the US in a lot of cases. Don’t know why.

I wonder if they shipped certain amounts of parts to certain regions but since so many Canadian Zs have succumbed to rust. Maybe you didn't use the supply as fast as those South of the border

• Like 2