IGNORED

Drive-by-wire

conedodger

You guys using aftermarket EFI, particularly Haltech, what electronic throttle body and electronic pedal are you using. I’m told Nissan used the same throttle body bolt pattern for decades so that is an obvious starting point...

im going to use a Haltech Elite 2500 so it makes sense to use it to its fullest potential.

im using a stock 280Z intake that has been extrude honed.  

5728EFDC-CCC5-4536-8185-2A9182C272A0.jpeg

527B345E-321E-484A-B4B1-ECC34C7A9DA0.jpeg

C00238DA-7804-44C7-BC34-3418720674A4.jpeg

8F117282-1781-4F00-A98D-D5F4C9983682.jpeg

73DF7813-19C2-42D1-B0FF-AFFDE0E9753F.jpeg

0BB5A07B-02A3-4527-B3F4-413CF39979C9.jpeg

Generally I see no point in drive by wire for "routine" use. If you have a good TPS, that's all the ECU needs to know about gas pedal position. 

Setting up a drive by wire is not trivial from what I've read. Also factor in the obvious old guy factor that wants a hard mechanical connection between my right foot and the throttle blades and you might need to temper my comments some...

• Like 3

It’s a because I can kind of thing. It’s safer too. Can’t get stuck at WOT. I just popped the hood on two of my five cars and found DBW. Most things with Haltech are basically tell the ECU it’s there and it will figure it out on its own. 

I had DBW on my Rav 4 and it sucked... no resolution at low rpms. Really jerky when parking or going very slow. I hate it!

Just like electrical power steering at the column... it usually sucks.

They rebuild the wheel to make it cheaper, not better.

Digression.

If you ever drive in sock or bare feet, you will be amazed at huge step in precise throttle control. DBW does not have this. It is like driving with winter boots on.