IGNORED

Body Restoration

Rusty280z

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

I think this car is worth saving, but it needs a realistic budget. I am over $30,000 USD invested in my resto and I am doing all the labour myself....  so budget realistically. This will be a $50,000 plus restoration if you are planning on paying someone else to do even some of the work.

I just want body work that's it mechanic wise I got it covered as well as paint and media blast it's all covered. it's just those rusted spots I have zero body work experience

As others have posted, if the ultimate goal is *A* z, then you will be money and time ahead to start with a better donor. However, if you want to fix *this* Z, then I would recommend buying a welder and learning the bodywork. If you completely screw it up....oh well. It wasn't pristine to begin with & you will have learned some bodywork skills no matter how far you progress.

If you are going to pay any professional to restore this particular Z, it's going to be pricey. If it has sentimental value, you're stuck.. ? We've all been there. I'll usually pay double for something rusty that I just think needs to be saved. LOL

Len

17 minutes ago, motorman7 said:

Miguel does all of the body work and paint for the cars that I restore.  He specializes in Z cars and his work is pretty amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/CustomsByMiguel/

Guessing since you say it be pricy guess not worth it ?? I will look into other Z for projects but guess it's hard to know it's going to be pricy to save this one