IGNORED

Sizing and Offset of new wheels for '78 280z

Usain_Boat

I have finally narrowed down a shake in my steering wheel and bounce in my car to the 41 year old aluminum wheels. These issues, along with having to run a spacer for one of my Toyota 4x4 Calipers has led me to look for new wheels for the Z. I'm looking at the Konig Rewinds and Rota RB's but don't know what size and offset I should get to fit the car as best as possible. If anyone has upgraded to these wheels or has advise in general, I would love the feedback.

Just a note here, but I recently solved a wheel shake issue by buying spacers that were actually flat, unlike the POS cast pot metal ones I was using that were anything but flat.

Zero offset seems to work on most z's. If the ones you like only come in small + offset's then a thin spacer can make up for that. I'm talking +12mm and smaller. Assuming tires = or under 225 in width to fit inside the fenders.

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

I have 15" Rewinds on my 240, 16" on my 280. 0 offset and bought them super cheap at Discount Tire Direct.  I had to use their credit card with the rebates and discounts they were around $150 each with Hankook tires and free shipping.  MSA has some really cool matte black Rewinds too.  If you can wait until Black Friday you'll save a lot of money.

16" Rewinds, zero offset on my car with 205/55 ZR16 tires.  Excellent fit within the wheel wells, no fender rub.  Also very close to the OE tire diameter for no significant speedo error.  Purchased at Discount Tire with tires, look for rebates or other promos.  Discount was willing to negotiate a bit because it was a full package, it pays to ask.

• Like 2