IGNORED

Interpart Louvers question

Av8ferg

Hey, I found a set of louvers for my 1977 280z. I haven’t paid for them yet but they don’t come with the hardware. They are original Interpart Louvers. He’s asking $100. They look to be in good shape. Probably need to be repainted. The question is about the hardware. The key and mounting components are missing. Am I going to have a hard time finding this stuff? Does anyone have any or know where to get them?

d91a4b6bb898d1644ded1f52e97a06f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were two general types of louver mounting. One used tabs which extended over the side of the window, and mounting them required drilling and screws in the hatch. The other  type used metal tabs with a rubber-strip adhesive on the bottom. The tabs slid under the hatch trim.  I have that kind, as I didn't want to drill the hatch for anything.  I think that if you can photos of the mounts, it will be possible to make your own mounting tabs.

Edited by Pilgrim

Thanks, I think this type they slips in the hinge. I just want to make sure I can find the small hardware parts and don’t end stuck with Louvers I can’t use. Here’s what the key looks like. I also found this install instructions. If anyone has some hardware for these laying around please let me know. c261044ba27daa1c8b23d87bcd6d269f.jpgb1997dee896c8996f8248b8785d2e987.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk