Under hood light - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Under hood light

Featured Replies

This may be a stretch but my underhood light has never had the toggle switch it’s broken off at the base so I can’t turn the light on/off. The nut is still there though. Anyone ever replace just the switch? If so what did you use. Showing a picture of the part I am talking about.

 

ceddb871ddd253cbab0d179825cbb020.jpg

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The switch is but a commonly available SPST toggle switch, easily replaceable unless you want to match the Nissan white plastic switch throw lever.

This one is available form Amazon  :   about $4      Any autoparts store should have one.

toggle.JPG

  • Author

Awesome that’s what I was looking for ! I don’t need to match but maybe I will paint it white like the original


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a stash of the broken white plastic switches for these engine ights.  I picked up a metal one at Frye's similar to the one you have shown and used that instead.  I did take a little white paint and painted the lever part white just so it looks a bit like the original.

Hey Motorman,

Does the Fry's in SD look like it's going out of business?  I went to Fry's in Fountain Valley a couple of days ago

and the store is really empty. I guess Amazon and the other on line stores have really put the hurt on Fry's

 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Next I need to find a plastic light lens cover


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ryanotown22 said:

Next I need to find a plastic light lens cover
 

My son resin printed me some. Not perfect, but cheap.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.