IGNORED

Hood issue

AZDatsun

I'd try gently massaging? it back into shape. Thinking about it a bit more I'd probably try something similar to pulling a bow string. The hood being the bow. Perhaps clamps on the two corners with lines anchored below. Then a jack in the center to gently push up. The worst that can happen is finding out what doesn't work (failure is the road to success) and have to source another hood.

It does seem like it flattened out I guess in a way to describe it. The previous owner had it stored with the windshield side on the ground and the end point of the hood resting against a wall maybe it got out of shape over time. Going to take it off my car and try to pursued it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ryanotown22 said:

I can’t seem to get the sides low enough I have adjusted everything I can think of. Do I just need a new hood?

What have you adjusted?  The corners would be held up by the two posts with the rubber bumpers.

Was there a different hood on it that you've replaced?

Don't overlook that it might be the cowl piece that is bent, not the hood.

The hood is not contacting the rubber posts on either side but I have adjusted the length of the hood latch spring (the male part) left all the bolts loose in the hood/torsion bars area and even removed the hood latch spring completely. This was the original hood but I am just now getting around to body work and getting panels lined up. The gap continues along the fender line also.

You can use some blocks of wood between the center sections of the hood and the body and re-arch the hood. Remove the cowl first so you can push against the stronger inner structure. Massage it some then reinstall the cowl. The hoods are fairly workable. Be careful and make lots of tries. Don't crimp it!!!

You could even use a 12"-16" block of 2x4 to push the corners of the hood down so you can apply even distributed pressure

• Like 2

Ok so now I have another problem I can’t get my hood back open but I got the corners down using some very specifically applied body weight they are now resting on the rubber stoppers. There is just one area left that is raised up along the fenders so I will go back to that area with some wood and body weight once I figure out how to get my hood open.

eb055b94a5bf7ab643575782b1cdd80a.jpg&key=ab52e5a38c17bf6a5168285c68a42e2189f8364df3feba84ec914cd8039bcb97

• Like 1

Ok figured out the stuck hood had to go under the car and use a screwdriver to get the latch off the catch it was stuck on. That was fun. I guess tomorrow I need to adjust the latch and the raised section.

• Like 1