IGNORED

Unrestored Series One 240 Sold At Auction $23.4K

Captain Obvious

HLS30-03981 with a 5/70 door jamb plate sold at auction not too far from me. Sold for $23.4K

II know you guys like to talk about this kind of stuff.  LOL

https://johncarlauctions.hibid.com/lot/54741878/1970-datsun-240z/?cpage=6&q=&ref=catalog

A non-Z friend of mine was there because he was interested in the real estate property and he sent me the link.

Unless it's really bad, that is an excellent price! Even if it had minimal rust it would still probably be a good price based on recent history. It looks to have the original paint. So, if it's a true survivor, probably worth a lot more than that

4 hours ago, S30Driver said:

If the sale goes thru, the buyer will end up paying  $25,600  (auction company has a 10% buyer premium)  ...

Hopefully the buyer was able to inspect it prior to the sale.

Looks like 5% for the car. Still an extra fee for the privilege of buying the car from John Carl's online auction.

*Online bidders pay 10% buyers premium. The 1970 Datsun 240Z has a 5% online buyers premium

What happened to the air filter housing? It looks shortened. Is that for the A/C pump?

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

So I heard from my buddy at the auction that there were a couple bidders from Canada. Anyone we know here?

Not me.  However, the VIN is within 400# or so of my own 5/70, so I'm more interested than usual. 

Low-miles (perhaps) and looks 'rust-free-ish' (perhaps).  Driver's seat look very good.  Original?  Dash pad appears crack-free, but I suppose it could be a cap.  No under-car photos, so there's potentially a lot left unknown there.

The thing that caught my attention is that the car still wears 90% of its braided hoses in the engine compartment (even the heater in-out and brake vacuum hoses -- and that's rare to see).  The upper and lower rad hoses didn't make the cut, of course.