IGNORED

tool kit

Richard McDonel

My '71 Z came with an original jack, handle, and tool-kit bag.  All are in good condition, but the only tools in the bag were a couple of un-matched slot screwdrivers.  Can anyone tell me what tools should be in the bag?  Any photos of what they look like?

Thanks

Your '71 came with a jack, jack handle, lug wrench and wheel chocks.  It did not come standard with any of the pliers, screwdrivers, wrenches shown in Kat's thread.  Those tools were optional and would have been a parts order from the dealer.  None-the-less, that's what they looked like.

• Like 4

Thanks All,

So it sounds like if I want everything to be as original as possible, I needn't worry about screwdrivers and wrenches.  What I'm missing is wheel chocks.   I'm guessing they don't look like the made-in-china plastic bits that all the stores are peddling.  

I appreciate all the information.   

11 hours ago, Richard McDonel said:

What I'm missing is wheel chocks.   I'm guessing they don't look like the made-in-china plastic bits that all the stores are peddling.  

The ones in my 240 look like the ones in Whee's post above.  The 280s have folding ones.

Mine...

Image result for wheel chocks classiczcars.com

280 ones...

DSC03958.JPG

• 9 months later...